Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these wind guards on eBay for my 2014 Superlow 1200T. I have heated gloves but the wind chill was still seeping through after about 30 minutes of riding in cold weather. I installed the guards today in about 5 minutes and went for a test ride. The results were terrific. I actually road along side the Great South Bay here on L.I. to get a true wind chill test. With my heated gloves on medium heat, and these wind guards, my hands stayed warm and comfortable for my entire ride. I think I hit a home run with these wind guards. I wasn't sure how they would look, but honestly now I think they actually look nice. I might leave them on year round.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
gusa39, I have the same shape wind guard but I can't get them mounted. I think that it is because my signal light part from the handle bar to the signal light does not allow the bottom bracket of the guard to line up with the mirror hole. I don't think I am up to the expense of moving the signal lights, so I'll just stay with the cold fingers!

·
red sport.
382 Posts
mine is a 2010XLC, if I remember right I had to flip flop the brackets around to see witch way they would fit, didn't have to move nothing.
one mirror would vibrate loose (left) told dealer they fixed it.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gusa39, I have the same shape wind guard but I can't get them mounted. I think that it is because my signal light part from the handle bar to the signal light does not allow the bottom bracket of the guard to line up with the mirror hole. I don't think I am up to the expense of moving the signal lights, so I'll just stay with the cold fingers!
My turn signals aren't mounted on my handlebars so I didn't run into a problem like yours Sportytman. I do know that these particular hand guards came in two sizes, small and large (I got the Large), and the difference was the size of the brackets that attach to the mirror assembly. There is also a specific left and a right hand guard.

·
Wayward Son
23,865 Posts
Never used to think about hand guards being for anything else other then dirt bikes.
The girlfriend has problems with her hands in colder temps. Do not remember the medical name.
She has heated gloves that do a decent job. But a set of these may be the icing on the cake.
Thanks for bringing them to my attention for street use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts