Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I attempted a handle bar change out on my 2014 FLHX and after screwing up the throttle by wire and turn signal cables and replacing them all I have the following issue that I can't solve ;
when I turn the ignition on the voltmeter will intermittently go from 12.9 to 0 and the battery light will come on then back to 12.9 +/-. I can get into the diagnostic when the voltmeter is reading correctly and it gives "no rsp: from ECM, BCM, ABS,
and the SPDO . The error codes in SPEDO are all reflecting the communication loss. After a minute or two I will get Vinerr and just after I turn the ignition off I sometimes get busserr Checked all the cable in the fairing are multiple times and can't find anything wrong. Made sure the battery ( which is only d few months old) is charged to 100%.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Help! I attempted a handle bar change out on my 2014 FLHX and after screwing up the throttle by wire and turn signal cables and replacing them all I have the following issue that I can't solve ;
when I turn the ignition on the voltmeter will intermittently go from 12.9 to 0 and the battery light will come on then back to 12.9 +/-. I can get into the diagnostic when the voltmeter is reading correctly and it gives "no rsp: from ECM, BCM, ABS,
and the SPDO . The error codes in SPEDO are all reflecting the communication loss. After a minute or two I will get Vinerr and just after I turn the ignition off I sometimes get busserr Checked all the cable in the fairing are multiple times and can't find anything wrong. Made sure the battery ( which is only d few months old) is charged to 100%.
You may have a bare wire at your kill switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still can't find the problem. installed new switch wires, new TGS and harness . about ready to tap out and take it in.

·
Registered
39,578 Posts
No wires pinched in the switch housing/clamp?

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Retired citizen
23,391 Posts
OP has a bare wire to ground, dead short that's tripping the main breaker. Unplug all the connections until the breaker quits tripping then plug in one at a time, when the breaker trips you found the circuit to troubleshoot.
OR follow the smoke trail !

Reactions: Smoketown$1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put everything back together still not working.same issues. When you turn the ignition on the volt meter reads sometimes and sometimes not and the battery light comes on.The codes show speedometer lost communication. Bike will start but the tachometer doesn't work. Thank you for all of your suggestions. going to take it to a local guy that does handle bar installs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts