Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new to me 06 Heritage a few weeks back and finally have been able to get a little seat time the last week or so and was wondering about getting the bars a little closer. I am really looking for comfort more then looks. I am only 5'8" so having to keep my arms fully extended is not really very comfortable for longer rides. Any suggestions or links? I have done a couple searches but must have not figured out the site search engine yet.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Wish I could help you. I've got the same dilemma. Except I ride an '06 Night Train, and I definitely have a problem with the extended arm thing. I bought a seat that would set me an inch closer, hoping it would make a difference. Nope.

The only pullbacks I could find that would fit the bike only bring the bars an inch and a half back. So instead, I'm going with handlebars that come back about 4 inches. I'll report back to you after they're put on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had the same dilemma on my Heritage. I went with risers as you can tailor them to where you need them. They make different sizes. I am 5'9 and went with 3 1/2 " risers and was very happy with them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same dilemma on my Heritage. I went with risers as you can tailor them to where you need them. They make different sizes. I am 5'9 and went with 3 1/2 " risers and was very happy with them.
Did you have to extend the wiring?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 5'7" and went to the 4.5 inch pullback riser. It is perfect comfort wise. Install is very ez too. Stock wiring works fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got them from J&P Cycles. Comes with an Eagle embossed top clamp but I re-used my stocker. Part no. 5000310. Fifty bucks. I changed to polyurethane riser bushings at the same time. Recommend it.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Reporting back...

Handlebars were installed yesterday, and I was able to ride for about 10 miles. Arms are back at a comfortable place and bike is easier to handle. They look really good too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going get the risers and bushings installed next week and go from there..I think this will be good but if not the seat is next.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got both parts in and looking for some instructions..lol Wondering what all I need to tear off the Heritage to get to the risers...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well got the risers and the new bushings installed..not big deal. Love the way it feels..however the hydraulic brakeline and the throttle/brake cables seem to be in a bind. If I could untwist the throttle/brake from the hydraulic line I believe I am good to go..here is a pic suggestions please..

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only thing I am concerned about is the hard brake line..it's got a little room but not much..Thinking about replacing it..Shouldn't be that much trouble I would think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts