Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2014 Harley street glide special and I want to change the bars. I've looked online but have not found many options. Wondering if you all had some pics or opinions. I want to add some more height to my hand position. Maybe without the need to add mirrors. Thanks in advance.

~Ride Safe~

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
HULK7
182 Posts
I changed mine in the garage and I went with 10 inches. I bought the two extension cables that where 20 dollars a piece to ensure I had no issues. Everything else was left alone! ImageUploadedByMO Free1421801909.468357.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1421802072.007180.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1421802148.786855.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good. How it take for install?

~Ride Safe~

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Just for grins, I asked the techs what the labor would run on installing 10" bars on my WG. They said 7 hours. So $770. Wow!

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
I've seen some people post on various sites there getting 12's on 14 batwing bikes with stock clutch & brake lines , Yaffe's , LA Choppers twin peaks are a couple.

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Looks good. How it take for install?

~Ride Safe~

It took every bit of 2 hours and I had never taken apart the front batwing before! I could probably do it now in a hour and some change! Very easy!!!my dealer told me 800.00 to switch out! Rip Off. If you change break lines clutch cable you have to take bike back to flash ECU! Don't know why but that's what the dealer told me. I didn't disconnect any cables except the two extension cables.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
HULK7
182 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
There has been a lot of talk about changing the handle bars to the extended reach bars that Harley sells and WO575. Everyone seems to be doing it to SG or Ultra Classic. I'm wanting to do it for my 2013 Ultra Limited 110 Anniversary. The trouble is no one talks about the hand warmers being removed and put on the extended reach bars.
Has anyone done this with an 2013 Ultra Limited with hand warmers?
Can they be removed and installed on the new bars?
Do the cables need to be extended?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just installed a set of 12" la chopper twin peaks on my 14 sgs . I went with black bars so I left the wiring on the outside like factory , the wires are black so it doesn't look bad . The brake line worked with no problem and the clutch cable needed a lil slack by cutting a few zip ties and
It worked just fine .

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just installed a set of 12" la chopper twin peaks on my 14 sgs . I went with black bars so I left the wiring on the outside like factory , the wires are black so it doesn't look bad . The brake line worked with no problem and the clutch cable needed a lil slack by cutting a few zip ties and
It worked just fine .

I like those bars and want to get them. I like them in black but not sure how it's going to look on my Amber whiskey SGS. If I go with the black then i think I'd have to change the engine guard to black and the front forks to black so it looks best. Not sure. The all chrome is ok but think you'd need to change out the signal housings to chrome.

~Ride Safe~

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
I have an Amber Whiskey SG , I think it would look great with black or chrome , as you said you have to commit to the look either way so chrome is where I'm headed since I got a head start from HD .

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an Amber Whiskey SG , I think it would look great with black or chrome , as you said you have to commit to the look either way so chrome is where I'm headed since I got a head start from HD .

Yea figured that would be the best bet. Probably have to black out the pipes too. Then where does it end?

~Ride Safe~

1 - 20 of 39 Posts