Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Im currently in the process of figuring out what all I need to swap bars on my 95 883 Hugger. I am going from the stock handlebars to a pair of Wild 1 Black Drag Bar's with a 6″ Riser. I know that I need to replace the clutch, brake, idle, and throttle cables, but I have no clue how long the replacement cables need to be. Im also not sure if those are the only physical parts required for the swap. Anyone with some wisdom?

:feedback: :feedback: :feedback: :feedback:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just realized ill also have to find a new mounting solution for the turn signals as well as the spedo.
Heres how the spedo is mounted to the stock bars now. Id really like to mount it dead center at the top of the new bars.
Anyone have any mounting suggestions?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Solder, wire and shrink wrap to extend your switch wires...just did this project on my softail. I only had to change my throttle cables otherwise. The brake and clutch lines were fine and had room for the added height.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the new bars installed this evening. They looks and feel AMAZING!

There is however still one pretty big problem.
No clue how to mount the speedo.
Bungee cord for now.
Any suggestions? Id really like to get it mounted directly dead center in the top of the bars. No clue what hardware exists and I cant find anything just putting around.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,586 Posts
That bike is going to look totally different. Good looking bars.

Side note:
Mr illiniwek
Have you got apes yet?

Negative. In about five months I'll have her paid for and that's when mod-apalooza begins.

·
Señor Member
19,586 Posts
I got the new bars installed this evening. They looks and feel AMAZING!

There is however still one pretty big problem.
No clue how to mount the speedo.
Bungee cord for now.
Any suggestions? Id really like to get it mounted directly dead center in the top of the bars. No clue what hardware exists and I cant find anything just putting around.
:thumb

Looks awesome.

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you want to mount the speedo down low 'till you work out what you want, buy some longer bolts for the headlight mount (eyebrow) and some sort of spacers (chrome sockets work well) and bolt the speedo bracket to the headlight eyebrow. I think the bolt holes will line up well enough to work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you want to mount the speedo down low 'till you work out what you want, buy some longer bolts for the headlight mount (eyebrow) and some sort of spacers (chrome sockets work well) and bolt the speedo bracket to the headlight eyebrow. I think the bolt holes will line up well enough to work.

Haha. That's EXACTLY what I did until I find a solution. ImageUploadedByMO Free1368818971.229429.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts