Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided, my choice was a 105th ann. V Rod, or a 100 ann. Dyna wide.
All pics of V-rodders over 6' looked like a giraffe havin their way with a football (and I am not complaining) but I stumbled upon the Dyna with only 1996 mile on it, and to fit me even better, it had ape hangers on her.
Any conversations on the subject, or am I just chirping (happily) in my tree?
and glad to be here again....

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Both are great bikes and you cant go wrong with either one. If you look at the specs on the Harley web site you will see that those two bikes are very similar in alot of ways. I replaced the handle bars on mine for a better fit.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,182 Posts
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy! indeed.

The Dyna LowRider is my favorite bike, most days.
7 in 10 days. Maybe 6 in 10. 5.5 ?

But then again, some days, I just feel the need for HORSEPOWER!

I went out today on the LowRider first time I've ridden since I fell under the B-Rod. I thought I'd let B-Rod rest awhile, be in no big hurry to do the frame section, which is about all it needed to be ready to ride again, but I found myself missing it too, so it's back together too now, mostly.

I need a 10x1.5 tap to chase the threads in one of the holes in the frame to finish putting the section back, 3 of 4 bolts came out smoothly so there doesn't seem like the frame can be out of square enough to cause the binding. The 4th bolt came out so hard it tore some of the threads off of the bolt. I put the new frame section in but want to clean up the threads before I try to force a screw back into the hole.

Was that 100th anniversary model an 88 or did they put the bored out jugs & cylinders on it? If it's still an 88 and you got it right, I'd sure be watching for a wintertime special on the 95" upgrade, the parts are dirt cheap.

Welcome aboard KIP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nathang...on that thread repair

I have 30 years in the fastener industry and had a bit of advise on your thread repair.
DO NOT , just run a tap thru the hole and consider it done.
If threads have come during the bolt removal your tapped hole is damaged.

To Repair it properly and safely,
simply get a proper steel thread repair kit , such as Keensert or any other brand sold locally at your auto parts dealer.
Done properly with a kit repair the hole will be stronger than new and worry free.

As mostly a lurker to the site and not much of a wrench turner myself it's sort of funny me giving advise in these forms.

But I've sat through many boring factory training courses on the the subject..:rolleyes:
Hope this helps...:)

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Thanks for the info Rasta!

I have sat through many boring factory info sessions myself. The worst was the Loctite 4 hour seminar. But I did learn that when you die they put a drop of medium strength on the ol starfish so you don't make any embarassing sounds at your funeral. So we all have that to look forward to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts