Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post this in light of the other thread.

Go to HF site
Motorcycle Lift Table, 1000 Lb. Capacity
Add to cart and enter discount code # 85172409

Should come in at $299

Also works in store, picked mine up today and saved the $96.00 in shipping.

(Copied from another forum)

·
Retired citizen
23,190 Posts
Good enough lift for casual use but the wheel clamp sucks. The next up better HF lift has the better front wheel clamp or the better clamp could be purchased and installed in place of the one that came on the lift.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I picked up one of these lifts a few months ago. The hydraulic jack support shaft looks like it is bending when in up position with my super glide on it. Also, yes the front wheel clamp is scrap metal. It does work for occasionally lifting.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mounted my HF wheel chock to it, didn't like the clamp.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had my lift like this for a couple of years. One of the best things I've bought for my scooters. After having one its hard to imagine not. I use it for everything from cleaning and detailing to service work.

Like Harley Hound I put a HF wheel chock on it, made it much more user friendly.

Never had any issues with my road king as far as stability while in use. I wouldn't try to move it around the shop with a bike raised up on it but straight up and down no problem. I cut off some ratchet straps and added an extra set of eyebolts to strap it down while in the chock.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I love talking about my HF lift table. I had one for 7 years then sold it when I moved to a place that had a much smaller garage. Six months later I bought another HF lift table 'cause I missed my old one so much. I simply moved enough stuff around in the new garage and MADE room for it.

My old one.

My new one

I'll post a link to a thread I did on adding side extensions.

Use a good wheel chock. The one HF sells works good but I did have problems pulling the bike out of it at times, the tire would get wedged in that round bar hoop. I use a condor now, which is a great piece of equipment. Not overpriced for what it is, but HF sells the same style for a whole lot less money.

I understand the comment about the support bar. Here is a pic of my lift with a 900lb Kawasaki on it, you can see the deflection in the bar.
I don't think that bar would ever fail, but I have been looking for some drill rod made from good old US steel to replace it with.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I shove mine against the front wall of the garage and am able to park a car behind it. (I bought a Kia Soul specifically because I could get it into the garage and get the door closed with it parked this way).

Yes, it takes alittle jockeying to turn the bike in the garage and then back it up and get it lined up to up on the lift, but it can be done. The more I do it the better I get at it.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Thanks Viper...I like your set up with the jack to also hold the bike....My only problem is I also have a wood shop in the garage....I may add on...I want a bike shop..

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
I have the same table lift with the foot pump and air option. I agree about changing the wheel clamp to a wheel chock, that's what I'm doing with mine. Other than that, it does the job just fine for me.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
same lift I have, as for storage, I stand mine up against the wall. I have some angle iron I use as wheel chocks so the lift doesn't slide.

I need to get an easier wheel choke like was said above.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I stand mine up against the wall........
Remind me to always be respectful of you.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
pfft, it's not heavy if I can do it.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got the $299 deal on the HF table lift !! I'm looking to replace the cheezy wheel clamp with a better one. I'm not so sure I want to use a "chock" if I have to tug on the bike or bounce it out. A clamp with angled uprights allows you to roll in..roll out. Like everything else... if ya throw more $$ at it ya get a better one...
chock or clamp.

As for the support bar bending... I will look into that one. I have bar steel. Even a wood block under its center would help.
SC

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm not so sure I want to use a "chock" if I have to tug on the bike or bounce it out.
I ended buying a Condor chock that works beautifully, although it costs a whole lot of money, it really is a quality piece of equipment.

HF offers the same style of chock for a lot less money and I gotta believe it works as good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
OK u guys really thinkin bout this lift. I figure a couple oil changes an one tire change an its paid for. ? Is how hard can it b to remove a rear wheel an do these services I do have the shop manual. I do knw the Indy that works on my bike won't b happy. Just sticks in my craw that a tire change is around four hundred service is 150. I do most of the engine work my charter boat. Just don't think it is that difficult

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well, I have both a table lift and a regular bike lift. I do find tire changes easier with the regular lift.

There is a panel on the table lift that slides off for dropping the rear tire out, but it is alittle like trying to pull a round peg through a square hole, it's abit awkward.

And lifting the tire up into position through that hole is no treat either. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but a regular lift makes it much much easier.

Pulling a front tire on the table lift would be abit risky. I think you would have to remove the wheel chock and lift the bike away from the tire with a scissors type jack. Now your bike is on the table lift with nothing supporting it but the scissors jack, not really all that safe.

The table lift is a great tool for general maintenance/cleaning. I do not find it ideal for tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts