Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Street Glide and it is hard to find neutral most of the times. Is there a trick to finding neutral or will it get easier as the bike gets broken in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:spar

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
It will improve with miles. After fluids changed at 1000 miles if you use the right fluid will greatly improve.

·
Registered
190 Posts
At your first service change to good gear lube, I use Bel Ray, rather than motor oil. I think per the specs you can use motor oil in all three holes (engine, trans, primary) and that's what the moco does. Gear lube makes a huge difference in the trans as far as shifting and finding neutral, you won't be disappointed.

·
Banned
90 Posts
I have a new Street Glide and it is hard to find neutral most of the times. Is there a trick to finding neutral or will it get easier as the bike gets broken in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:spar
after the 1k service, after fluid changes, the clutch needs adjustment, cable stretches and clutch plates are breaking in, neutral will be a breeze to find afterwards mine did the same thing.

·
Señor Member
19,872 Posts
Try a tiny bit of rev on the throttle while you try and find it? That might be ridiculous advice, but it was worked for me on bikes with hard to find neutral.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts