Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Perhaps those who frequent this forum, simply didn't think they were interested in "art work". I know I didn't, but; that said, I am a leather artist so at second glance I decided to see what's up, and figure out why no one posted. Now I understand (or think I do) what you are trying to get out. That said, here is my take on the whole thing, in a nut shell. I decided a long time ago that I would never again vote for a president that had not actually served in the military. There are a lot of things wrong with our current state of affairs in this country. I believe that they are all related to the fact that our elected people in not just congress, but; also the judiciary and executive branches of our government have been allowed, by us, to serve their own interests instead of the people they were elected to serve. Now I could go on forever on all the things that I see that pi__ me off, but; that will serve no real good. Suffice it to say that if I were to have one wish, it would the we no longer send troops in harms way, without, a purpose for the greater good, and a plan in place that makes sure that our returning vets get all the care they need without a bunch of rigmarole. Try to get the VA to do anything and you will understand what I mean. ( I must say that I am lucky to live in MI and have the services of the VA hospital in Ann Arbor. The folks at the hospital are actually great, I am talking about the Administration office) For that reason, I think that the General for President is a good place to start cleaning out our government and getting beck to being the best place in the world to live. After all, our forefathers, wrote in in plane words, when they formed the congress and mandated that those voted in were to serve the needs of the people, not themselves. If this wasn't what you were looking for, I am sorry for waylaying your post. Perhaps you might want to change the heading to something that is easier for others to get at what it is that your'e getting at.
Thanks For Bringing this to the forefront for us like minded patriots.
By the way it doesn't say in my profile, but; I am a partially disabled Vietnam vet.
Bob

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
I'm not an artist and perhaps this doesn't qualify as artwork. It is however my own design and I did it myself. I am constantly asked what kind of bike I ride, even from Harley riders. The vast majority of folks have never heard of a Rocker. I like it, but plan to redo it just a little smaller and a different color.

Hopefully other folks will post some things so there is more to look at. :)

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
Looks awesome, I would leave as is

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
I missed the original post as it's taken down now, or blocked on this puter. But I have no artwork on mine yet. I am thinking about some pinstiping and maybe a continuation of the image on the windshield down into the fairing.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Perhaps those who frequent this forum, simply didn't think they were interested in "art work". I know I didn't, but; that said, I am a leather artist so at second glance I decided to see what's up, and figure out why no one posted. Now I understand (or think I do) what you are trying to get out. That said, here is my take on the whole thing, in a nut shell. I decided a long time ago that I would never again vote for a president that had not actually served in the military. There are a lot of things wrong with our current state of affairs in this country. I believe that they are all related to the fact that our elected people in not just congress, but; also the judiciary and executive branches of our government have been allowed, by us, to serve their own interests instead of the people they were elected to serve. Now I could go on forever on all the things that I see that pi__ me off, but; that will serve no real good. Suffice it to say that if I were to have one wish, it would the we no longer send troops in harms way, without, a purpose for the greater good, and a plan in place that makes sure that our returning vets get all the care they need without a bunch of rigmarole. Try to get the VA to do anything and you will understand what I mean. ( I must say that I am lucky to live in MI and have the services of the VA hospital in Ann Arbor. The folks at the hospital are actually great, I am talking about the Administration office) For that reason, I think that the General for President is a good place to start cleaning out our government and getting beck to being the best place in the world to live. After all, our forefathers, wrote in in plane words, when they formed the congress and mandated that those voted in were to serve the needs of the people, not themselves. If this wasn't what you were looking for, I am sorry for waylaying your post. Perhaps you might want to change the heading to something that is easier for others to get at what it is that your'e getting at.
Thanks For Bringing this to the forefront for us like minded patriots.
By the way it doesn't say in my profile, but; I am a partially disabled Vietnam vet.
Bob
First of all, thanks you for your service to our country.
Second - Well stated!

And you get extra props for using "rigmarole" in your statement.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It was a pic of hand painted artwork on an oil tank. The painting was a bulldozer pushing seven rather large bags with dollar signs on them...

Now I may not post in every thread I look at but, I do remember them!

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Wished Id seen that

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
I'm not an artist and perhaps this doesn't qualify as artwork. It is however my own design and I did it myself. I am constantly asked what kind of bike I ride, even from Harley riders. The vast majority of folks have never heard of a Rocker. I like it, but plan to redo it just a little smaller and a different color.

Hopefully other folks will post some things so there is more to look at. :)
You hand painted the Rocker? nice, I like the helmet also.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Harley Art

First of all, thanks you for your service to our country.
Second - Well stated!

And you get extra props for using "rigmarole" in your statement.

Regards,

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I guess I never saw the original post which had a pic on it. So when I looked at this post, all I saw was the link to Gen. Mattis. So that is what I replied on, and actually I am glad I did, cause I had already made up my mind that when it comes time to vote, I will only vote for guys that have been in the service and at least have an idea of what our guys and gals in the service go through which will at the very least cause them to think a little before they spew out those insane statements like the one's Obama put out that the servicemen and women should be paying for healthcare because they "volunteered for service", or nominating "Hanoi Jane" as Woman of the Century". Just goes to show how out of touch our representatives in Government are! Sorry for getting on my soap box, but; sometimes my blood just starts to boil, when I think of how f___ up things have gotten. Guess you have to be old to remember how it used to be!
Thanks for reading, and I hope you younger guys get a chance to see what the good old days were like first hand.
Bob

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Along the lines of Harley Art, here is the only up close pic of a bike I built (actually was in construction at the time) back in 1967. Not much art, but; it is black lace panel painted over candy blue with a good amount of diamond dust in the clear, and lots of clear over it to smooth it out. Wish I still had that bike.
Bob

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts