Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had less than 10k miles on the 120r and it came apart, did not race it just road it on the street. I new it did not have a warranty but being a Harley Davidson crate motor and not going to be racing it I thought it would be ok for a long time, but I was wrong. when I called Harley Davidson USA they said they could not help me in any way, and said every 7,500 mile you were suppose to change the lifters, it dose not say that in the add for the 120r. So if you want the power like I did and are not going to the drag strip don't waste your money.

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
:coffee

·
Registered
39,516 Posts
What came apart?

Rollers on the lifter or what?

·
Just Ride
3,256 Posts
Did it have a hard time hauling the extra tire around?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
oh boy......

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Hmmm... First time poster, but doesn't read forum policy. Did ya read and follow instructions for the maint of the engine??

·
Wayward Son
23,315 Posts
Popcorn and coffee????
We each kill time waiting in our own way. :)

Trusso may have thought he was doing us a favor. But a first time poster carries little weight when posting negative feedback on anything.

We have no idea on his level of experience,
He states he did not "race" it. Does`t mean he did not ride it hard on the street and put it away wet. :think
Lets be honest here. Who puts those kind of ponies between their legs and does not use them?
At least once in a while.

And like Kainam asked. What failed? :dunno

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Lets be honest here. Who puts those kind of ponies between their legs and does not use them?
At least once in a while.
I have too many witnesses, can't claim I ride on Sundays, always within speed limits....

·
Registered
11,978 Posts
Whats the deal with only getting 7500 miles out of lifters. Cams that radical or lifters not up to task ? Or is just a pure race motor with tear downs after every race day ? Been a few guys at local dealer talking about one for there street bikes.:popcorn:cheers

·
Registered
39,516 Posts
We may never know....

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
a dealer I was at awhile back put one on a touring bike. salesman I talked to said it was awesome. sounded good idling, they didn't say anything about longevity.
regards,
dave

·
Registered
39,516 Posts
Until trusso states exactly what happened, his post is nothing more than graffiti on a subway train.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts