Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , they call me buzzard bail. Just signed up cause i need sone guidance. Had surgery , so my 2003 Harley Davidson Deuce Screamin Eagle sat for 5 months. I pulled the plugs they looked good. Sprayed a little stabil fogging oil in the cylinders just to be safe. Checked my oil and it has ran down into the crankcase. I have read to start it up and let the oil refill back into the oil tank. I thought maybe i should drain what i could from the oil filter and replace and then maybe start it up. Really dont know the best option. It has been covered up in a dry garage and has not been in the cold. I live in south texas . i would really appreciate any guidance you guts can give me. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
37,584 Posts
I just pull the plugs and crank it for a few seconds at a time till the oil tank is close to the proper level. Replace plugs and fire it up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I read that to start it up but pulling the plugs and cranking it till the tank is almost there sounds better. Thank you sir

·
Retired citizen
22,510 Posts
Make sure the battery is fully charged up, it might take a while for the oil pump to evacuate the crankcase.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it help if i drained what i could from the oil filter and then do it. I realky thank you and i appreciate you very much for your guidance . thanks Allen

·
Registered
726 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts