Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering buying recently but have mostly stuck to just browsing and reading online for the time being. I did visit my local H-D dealer however they had limited inventory and were unsure when their supply would pick up again. I have been calling around, in particular, to see about the Pan-Am. The dealers I have talked with mentioned the first shipments aren't supposed to come in until May (the current waitlist seems to be 3-4 people who have made deposits) and that most 2020 models are impossible to find. I was just curious if anyone else had trouble buying recently. I know things are probably going to get better as supply chains improve but just thought I would throw this out there. Hope everyone is having a good week!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Inventory is bad weather its car truck trailers or what ever, if you want its gonna cost you, called supply and demand. Thanks to the goverment and covid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Inventory is bad weather its car truck trailers or what ever, if you want its gonna cost you, called supply and demand. Thanks to the goverment and covid.
Which I don’t get; economy closed. Small businesses closing. People not going to work or paying their mortgage/rent, but there is demand for stuff, and it ain’t toilet paper or soap...

EDIT- well, I’ve have a moment of foggyness- yes, limit supply to match demand, or lack thereof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
weird member
2,880 Posts
When your dealer gets a Pan Am might also depend on what tier it is. Dealers are tiered, probably by volume, and higher tier dealers usually get first crack at new stuff. My local dealer is a tier three, so they won't be getting one in the first round of Pan Ams being sent out.

It also might depend on projected demand for your region. Big dealers in locations where ADVs are in higher demand will naturally get them first.

·
American
28,261 Posts
Harley is slowly releasing to dealers. They want to maintain the pricing. That comes from dealers ive talked too.

Reactions: scspartan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts