Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever taken the class/know anyone who has taken the class? I'm not an experienced rider (have riden a lot of dirt bikes while growing up) and am wondering if it will be worth the money... my first though it yes, but what do y'all think?

·
Banned
71 Posts
Has anyone ever taken the class/know anyone who has taken the class? I'm not an experienced rider (have riden a lot of dirt bikes while growing up) and am wondering if it will be worth the money... my first though it yes, but what do y'all think?
If nothing else, the discount on your insurance will pay for the class over its two year effective discount .

If you apply yourself in the class, you will learn things to help you be a better, safer rider .

:coffee:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
+1

·
Super Moderator
12,743 Posts
I took it in '97 and the advanced last year. they will teach you some good habits. Well worth it. If you are in HOG, you can get a $50 gift card when you send in a copy of your receipt. Insurance break was already mentioned. It's a good deal all around.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've taken two. In PA the class is free. Check to see if it free to you, MSF (motorcycle safety foundation). I plan doing it again, fun day with experienced coaches.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My wife took the class and said it was great. She now has 2014 XL883L.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I have taken it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though I was an experienced rider, both dirt and street, I found it to be informative and entertaining. Good instructors oversee your class progress and do a great job of making sure that everyone benefits from the course.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
When living in Connecticut the MSF class is a requirement to get the motorcycle endorsement on your motor vehicle drivers license. The class well worth it whether our new to riding or experienced. After the class is over, never stop practicing safe rider techniques that you learned. They will save your life and that of others. The purpose is to live long, ride hard, and be safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the responses. I do plan on taking an MSF (required by the military), but was wondering about the one run by the HD dealerships. Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I took a course through the state of MN some years ago. And that was only after I was told if I got stopped by the Poh Poh they would hook my bike. The course was educational and enjoyable and well worth the time. Also the course was taught by the same people that taught the HD classes at the local dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts