Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have heard my ranting about the majority of my local dealerships being owned by the same guy.

One of his dealerships is a HUGE building and after they moved the HD dealership in, still had 5,000 SF of unused space.

That space has been sitting empty for a few years now. They have apparently decided to turn it into a Triumph showroom.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/article/city-dangles-70k-tax-incentive-add-triumph-franchise-harley-dealership-site

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Not that it matters.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
HD in Tyler Texas also sells Trumpets, My HD dealer sells Hondas and Yamahas...they park goldwings right by Electra Glides...so you can choose for your self...and 9 out of 10 after people see both they end up with the Harley...the guys that are going to buy a Goldwing ,,will by one and they got them...covers all the bases...see people come in looking for a GW and end up with the EG...not only that the Harley is a little cheaper for a better bike...:think

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I guess it could be uglier...Threasure Coast Harley are selling Russian "URAL"

Well...they had to start somewhere. It's all the rage in Siberia.:confused

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I like the idea of a one stop shop.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Out here Bergen CountyH-D sold Big Dogs and now they sell BMW's. I like the Ural w/sidecar. Looks like it would be fun!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Latus HD in Gladstone OR, has been selling Triumph for around a year give or take a little.

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
Personally, I kind of like the Urals. Nice WWII looks, side car, BMW inspired engine. All under 10k. Would be kind of fun to put the dog in the sidecar and scoot around town.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
That is Cool to hear, I do like the Triumph Bikes also, I guess with the hard times they are branching out in other ways to make money and keep things going. With as many as other brand bikes that the Harley dealers take in on trade I cannot blame them for wanting to sell other brands, kind of makes sense.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I think it's lame.........I go to the HD dealer for HD stuff, if I wanted Triumph stuff I would go to a Triumph dealer.

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
Skagit Harley, which is the closest HD dealership to me used to sell Titan. The Titan sign is still up, but I haven't seen a Titan in there in ages.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am a fan of Triumph. I would love to have a bonneville in the garage. I would also love to have a Ducati race bike and a BMW enduring bike. However, I don't want to go buy them all at the same dealer.

We already have a very successful Triumph/Ducati/MV Agusta/ KTM dealer nearby. It has a completely different atmosphere and experience than the HD dealer. What with their Union Jacks flying and two sizes too small leather clothing.

Plus I do have a huge fundamental issue with this guy buying up ever dealer in the area.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts
It's call capitalism, They own the dealership, The took the risk. The consumers will let the dealer know the outcome. Harley has history, loyal customers, and a strong product but there some markets Harley is not competitive. At the end of the day dealers sell bikes for profits.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts