Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone need some advice , I recently purchased a 2015 iron 883 from high-octane Harley Billerica ma for 11000 and some change I put 1020 down and while I was in the room with the finance guy signing papers he offered the gap to me said he would give me a deal on it but he cant add it to the amount financed cause I was maxed out. he wanted me to pay an additional $300 for the gap ,I told him I do not have it he suggested I pay him later in the month I agreed. when I went home I looked over the paper work, principal break down and it says gap $300 is included in the principal I owe the bank so I decided I don't owe the dealer cause I am financing the gap already .I have been getting calls from the dealer saying I owe them today I argued with a manager and I hung up cuase he was getting rude my question is what can the stealer do? can they repo my scoot for $300 they say I owe them ? thanks any advice

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe go in and let them explain line by line the contract. Keep cool, and maybe the whole thing can be worked out. I had a hell of a time figuring out my sales contract. I was SURE they must have charged me sales tax for the purchase price of the bike, when they were only supposed to charge the difference between it and my trade. It looked dead like that is what they did, but the math said otherwise. They move crap around on those things, and it gets confusing if you got things like trade, warranty, etc. I've noticed it on car sales, too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i would call who ever you have it financed through and ask them if it was included in your deal. If it is i would tell the manager and explain to him/her that you are already paying for it and i have never herd of anyone saying they can give you a deal on gap insurance my bank where i have mine financed through is one set price my truck is through chrysler they have set price. and alot of finance companys won't finance without it

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I would go down there in my cage and visit with them and get an explanation. Probably a good idea to have the GM in the room.

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Contact the Ma. attorney gen. office in Bos. thats why they are there. Get all the facts then file a complaint.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
walk in take a dump on the sales floor and scream- you guys ready to talk yet

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
walk in take a dump on the sales floor and scream- you guys ready to talk yet
lmfao that would be awesome. But can they try to repo my bike what can they do besides call ? Just want to know what cards they have

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
did you sign anything stating you would pay the 300.00 not written in the contract? sounds like they are trying to get paid 2x for it to me but I would have to look over your paperwork.
no they cannot repo your bike if you follow the terms of the contract you signed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Title of thread is "Harley dealership threats".

What threat's have you received...?

hello everyone need some advice , I recently purchased a 2015 iron 883 from high-octane Harley Billerica ma for 11000 and some change I put 1020 down and while I was in the room with the finance guy signing papers he offered the gap to me said he would give me a deal on it but he cant add it to the amount financed cause I was maxed out. he wanted me to pay an additional $300 for the gap ,I told him I do not have it he suggested I pay him later in the month I agreed. when I went home I looked over the paper work, principal break down and it says gap $300 is included in the principal I owe the bank so I decided I don't owe the dealer cause I am financing the gap already .I have been getting calls from the dealer saying I owe them today I argued with a manager and I hung up cuase he was getting rude my question is what can the stealer do? can they repo my scoot for $300 they say I owe them ? thanks any advice
lmfao that would be awesome. But can they try to repo my bike what can they do besides call ? Just want to know what cards they have

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you sign anything stating you would pay the 300.00 not written in the contract? sounds like they are trying to get paid 2x for it to me but I would have to look over your paperwork.
no they cannot repo your bike if you follow the terms of the contract you signed.
no nothing on paper saying I owe them just a verbal agreement

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you financed through a bank take your contract to them . They will tell you what you need to know for free !

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Things like this , are the reason that you get everything in writing on the contract . :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just don't take the bike back in for any warranty work...
Yeah, no sh*t. Better find somewhere else to go if you hose them for the $300. I may not understand the whole deal here, but, if you agreed, even verbally, what's your word worth if you hose them?
yes I told them I would pay the $ 300 for the gap because I need it but I see on the paperwork that the $300 is financed and is in the total amount I owe hdf so why would i pay them something that lhas no paper trail i don't want to stiff them I just don't want to get taken advantaged off

·
Done
4,154 Posts
yes I told them I would pay the $ 300 for the gap because I need it but I see on the paperwork that the $300 is financed and is in the total amount I owe hdf so why would i pay them something that lhas no paper trail i don't want to stiff them I just don't want to get taken advantaged off
It took my slow azz a few times to figure out what you were saying. I see your point and retracted my statement. Hope you get this figured out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It took my slow azz a few times to figure out what you were saying. I see your point and retracted my statement. Hope you get this figured out.
Lol I was like dam this guy must work for the dealership

1 - 20 of 225 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.