Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Need some help here on some maybe cheap rectification before I get to Harley dealership which is quite far from the place I live. Only code it is giving is P1632 odometer learned up. I checked the obvious battery connections and looked for any loose wires but didn't find anything.

Speed sensors dirty or faulty? Ignition switch issue?

Anything that I can check easily without loosing pennies by sending to dealership as I need to tow the bike to avoid break down in middle of road.

Issue:
After a 2000km ride to different country, on the way back I have issues with the bike showing sign of loss of power. Thank god no issue while reaching destination And I manage to reach home safely. My speedo dropped to 0 but only for a moment and the bike started back up and speedo came back.

I knew something was but I manage to ride below 100km hr to reach home safely. Need to pull the clutch and rev to make sure the bike is up to speed.

Rectification attempt done myself:

1. I have New battery cables and Battery changed prior to the ride. Thinking maybe the battery is an issue I took the effort to reclaim a new battery from dealer thinking it was a battery issue. Changed it but issue still persists. Bike jerking and showing sign of stalling upon reving up the throttle and will die during at traffic lights or whenever I pull the clutch.

2. Changed my spark plugs and gave it a good service after the long ride.

After performing all rectification above, my dyna spitting and sputtering still persists . It's like every time it would sputter the bike was actually shutting off because the abs light would come on and the speedo would drop to 0 then catch back up.

Only code it is giving is P1632 odometer learned up.

I checked the obvious battery connections and looked for any loose wires but didn't find anything.

Sorry for the long post but any help would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Just Ride
3,025 Posts
Regulator testing needed. Hope you got a manual, could you tube test procedure.

·
Just Ride
3,025 Posts
Double post won't get you help faster. As stated earlier and your other post check charging system. All twin cams check the same.

·
Retired citizen
21,752 Posts
OP can check code P1632 in the electrical section stickys. Look for DTCs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts