Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
needing info
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone tell me what type and year of Harley Davidson this gas tank comes from? i would appreciate it. and hows the riding going for you this season ?

2013-06-11 19.37.19.jpg

2013-06-11 19.37.52.jpg3.jpg

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
One piece tanks with 2 caps were generally FXR tanks. Post closer pics of top and front.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Damn Oldtimer, you have some patience!! Waiting 6 months for an answer. I wish I could give you some good info., but from what I see in the pictures my guess is that is is an aftermarket one piece (maybe Mustang, not the seat company) that was popular in the 80's and 90's.

·
needing info
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok Dave thanks again , i will try to put closer pics of the tank. Breeze,the hip operation took me out for awhile i think that helps with the patience,lol .ya can't do much for a bit. but hoping to ride this one in the summer.we will ride again .the pics are not going over even if i try to cut and paste and i dont know what a url of the pic is. i'm to old to figure this one out .lol

·
Wayward Son
23,049 Posts
One other possible help in identifying them would maybe be if they are cam or screw in type gas caps.
I`m thinking FXR too. But aftermarket is always a possibility.

·
Registered
36,991 Posts
One piece tanks with 2 caps were generally FXR tanks. Post closer pics of top and front.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I don't think it's a FXR tank.

FXR tanks had a rear mounting bracket that held the tank to the frame using 2 bolts that was covered up by the flip down seat. (see photo below)

The tank in the OP does not have that bracket.

·
Registered
36,991 Posts

·
Registered
36,991 Posts
I'm thinking it's an aftermarket fatbob conversion tank for a Sportster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts