Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
yes its true. I am brand spanking new to Harley Davidsons. I've been riding since age 9 (49 years old now), always sport bikes, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Aprilia. Spent a decade or so road racing. This year I decided to relax and try to enjoy the scenery so I got a smoking deal on a '14 Street Glide special that a friend won in a raffle. I've only put 200 miles on it and now its time to put it up for the winter before we drag the snowmobiles out. So far I like it a lot. COMFORTABLE hardly covers the difference from what I am accustomed to. I have quickly discovered that the bike will be the cheap part of this adventure.. Wanting a backrest so I can ride my daughters (ages 7 and 10) comfortably quickly discovered that looks to be a $500 purchase.. Worth it, but pricey :)

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Welcome from northern Indiana. There's some shit that comes with owning a Harley that the dealers don't tell you;

Your kids are gonna feel neglected
You'll never use your leaf blower to blow leaves ever again
Your yard is gonna look like shit
Your wife is going to try to have you committed
Your going to get "Harley Muscles" everytime you get close to your bike...but you look like Homer Simpson.
It makes it easy for everyone to now know what to get you for Christmas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all for the warm welcome. I am finding all of the information that I need here on this forum. A very informative place for sure...

Da Mack, that appears to be a very accurate list (experience I will assume) that you assembled :)

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Welcome from northern Indiana. There's some shit that comes with owning a Harley that the dealers don't tell you;

Your kids are gonna feel neglected
You'll never use your leaf blower to blow leaves ever again
Your yard is gonna look like shit
Your wife is going to try to have you committed
Your going to get "Harley Muscles" everytime you get close to your bike...but you look like Homer Simpson.
It makes it easy for everyone to now know what to get you for Christmas.
Lol... I fit into almost all of them!!! I'm going to steal that!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Welcome from Houston.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone.. Put the scoot in storage for the winter today.. Sad sad day. I have to say though. Any bike I ever owned before this I could pick up to move it around into tight places. Not the case now!! haha ahhh the price of comfortable style ;-)

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SEOklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome from the Black Hills of South Dakota…Aim her towards Sturgis next summer. It will be a great ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have every intention of doing that!! Maybe not next year but certainly summer of '16. I am assembling a group already to make the journey. I am figuring in a 40% drop out rate (those that say "Oh hell yes I am IN" and back out when the day comes to leave :biking:

Welcome from the Black Hills of South Dakota…Aim her towards Sturgis next summer. It will be a great ride.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts