Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My V-rod has been down for 7 weeks and will be down AT LEAST another week and a half. Took it in for 10K mile service and some extended warranty repair (the fuel sender again, and a leaking front fork). Of course - ALL parts had to be ordered and all wound up on the factory backorder list. Took almost 4 weeks to get them in - you'd think something simple like a fork seal would be stocked at the warehouse - but nooooo. Parts came in, and the fork still leaked.... so my stealer figured out that the fork tube was defective. Again part ordered and immediately was placed on backorder list by the factory. Was supposed to be received and shipped by the factory on 9/26. Date came and went with no part receipt. Repeated inquires by the stealer to HD went unanswered and the Corp. computer system was never updated. After a week of trying, Harley finally told dealer new backorder release date would be 10/15 - but I've learned that that is no guarantee. Dealer explained the situation they had a bike down for an extended period, but Harley would not pull a parts from the assembly line. Since the day I got the bike, EVERY warranty part has had the same delays - unfortunately there have been a few. Factory support sucks. Hope you guys have better luck than me. Wonder if I'll have any luck demanding my extended warranty be extended the 2 month downtime. :mad:

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
When customer service sucks like that it really makes it hard to buy that product again.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I wonder if the back order thing is a tactic to reduce the amount of people requesting warranty work?

·
Upright Downunder
48 Posts
Parts

Mmmm no warranty work yet....but parts for the Nightster.

3 months for black spoiler

4 months for black screamin eagle cone filter.....and then it was scratched....fresh out of the box...another one on back order.

With these time frames I hope I never ever have any warranty work.
I also have the 1993 Heritage in the shop at the moment with heaps of bling ordered. Due back home January 2.....bet it's not finished.

Regards

Wayne :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts