Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in the forum has invested in HOG stock? It closed today at $15.35. Down from a 52 week high of $50.04 back in January. Sounds alarming on the surface, but this company has been around for 103 years now and has seen tougher times. Seems like it along with the rest of the economy, will eventually straighten itself out and rebound. My question to the savvy investors in the forum is how low would YOU let it go before you bought if you would at all?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Good question. If one has money to invest in this economy it sure can be very profitable over ten a to fifteen year period. I'm no expert at all but I would at least wait until after the end of the year if not the end of the first quarter. Not only Harley stock but just about any high quality stock at this point.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Yes, Agree with Ed. I know some loaded up on the stock when it reached $20 and now it is at $15. It will come back, but the consumer discretionary business is in a deep freeze at the moment. Perhaps early next year sometime. For sure, 3rd quarter next year will have this year's low base to compare against.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I bought stock in harley & gm took a hit, I'm no expert as you probably guessed already. how ever I think it will come down even more. I'm looking to buy again not until late winter early spring. although I may change my mind if things start turning around. everything is a gamble just need to be willing to chance it. don't bet more than you can afford to loose.

·
What?
3,256 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts

·
What?
3,256 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I like the sound of that!
It really is a neat program. Also you can get it framed and have the lettering added. Good for gifts too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts