1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,285 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 750 last week

My first Motorcycle, My first Harley. @ 163 miles, I am absolutely loving this bike. I test rode The Honda CBR 300r & 600r before deciding on the Harley. This bike has more get up and go then the other two bikes, and is the lay back cruiser style bike that I wanted. So hands down I went with the 750. As I am fairly new to riding I cant comment on the brakes being to weak, they seem fine to me. I squeeze and step, it makes me stop.... but I have experienced the LAG issue at around 1-1/2 to 2 gallons of fuel left. When I mentioned this to my dealership, they said it might be the way I was riding it. And that there is no recall listed for my bike regarding that issue. There was a recall for license plate reflectors might not have been installed. So I will wait and see if the lagging continues, and maybe bring it in to the dealership when its low on fuel and have them test ride it. I love how simple this bike is, not all the bells and whistles of a full blown Harley. With being a new rider, I feel more comfortable not having all the extra's to take my attention off the road. My plan for the first upgrade is getting rid of the super quiet exhaust. Looking at the Vanes & Hines insert.

:biking:

·
Registered
99 Posts
My first Motorcycle, My first Harley. @ 163 miles, I am absolutely loving this bike. I test rode The Honda CBR 300r & 600r before deciding on the Harley. This bike has more get up and go then the other two bikes, and is the lay back cruiser style bike that I wanted. So hands down I went with the 750. As I am fairly new to riding I cant comment on the brakes being to weak, they seem fine to me. I squeeze and step, it makes me stop.... but I have experienced the LAG issue at around 1-1/2 to 2 gallons of fuel left. When I mentioned this to my dealership, they said it might be the way I was riding it. And that there is no recall listed for my bike regarding that issue. There was a recall for license plate reflectors might not have been installed. So I will wait and see if the lagging continues, and maybe bring it in to the dealership when its low on fuel and have them test ride it. I love how simple this bike is, not all the bells and whistles of a full blown Harley. With being a new rider, I feel more comfortable not having all the extra's to take my attention off the road. My plan for the first upgrade is getting rid of the super quiet exhaust. Looking at the Vanes & Hines insert.

:biking:
The harley has more "get up and go" than the 600RR at nearly 100lbs over the honda and at nearly half the HP as the honda?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry if my post was unclear.....I should have put IMO......but the 600rr I test rode was not a new bike (2013 with 28,000 miles on it), not sure if that would make a difference. And it was about three months between test riding the Honda's, and buying the 750. So it very well could have been me. And the fact I felt more comfortable on the 750 cause of the riding position. But you are right the spec's for both bikes puts the 600rr way out front in terms of Torque, HP & Rev Limit. Not exactly sure why I felt like it was not. Probably just me. But really? Defending a Honda on the Harley forums?

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
I have one. XG750.

Nice machine my son ended up taking it. He has about 4500 on it now.

I have rode it about 500 miles. Nice handling machine. Has plenty of power 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds. Quarter mile in just under 14 seconds. 58 HP, it does real well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Even if the 600 was 20 yrs old it would run away from the HD no problem .
Almost guaranteed.

Sorry if my post was unclear.....I should have put IMO......but the 600rr I test rode was not a new bike (2013 with 28,000 miles on it), not sure if that would make a difference. And it was about three months between test riding the Honda's, and buying the 750. So it very well could have been me. And the fact I felt more comfortable on the 750 cause of the riding position. But you are right the spec's for both bikes puts the 600rr way out front in terms of Torque, HP & Rev Limit. Not exactly sure why I felt like it was not. Probably just me. But really? Defending a Honda on the Harley forums?
I wasn't defending a honda so much as I was the truth.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The harley has more "get up and go" than the 600RR at nearly 100lbs over the honda and at nearly half the HP as the honda?
Its some kind of black magic voodoo Santeria witchcraft. I come from a sportbikes background and didn't want to believe it myself until I saw a video of an 80 year old dude on a 12 HP Harley totally smoke a guy on a 750 or 1000 sportbikes. It still doesn't make sense to me lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts