Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today for the first time on my 2015 XL1200 C, I had a red light come on while riding. This light is at the 3 o'clock position on the speedometer close to the center. It did not flash just stayed lite. I did not notice anything wrong, it did not die when idling, nothing unusual happened that I could tell. And when I got home to check it of course there were no codes and the ignorant light was off. Searching the web has only brought about a bigger mystery because no one knows what the hell it is! One post said the dealer did not even know? Anybody have an answer?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do you have a security system, if so that may be the system giving you a hint, Also are your turn signals working correctly. Aother hint.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's a "Different" first post! I am not familiar with that speedometer. That being said: Did the red light look like a "Key"? Did your sporty come with a key fob? If yes to both, Your key fob was close enough to the bike when you started it. But when you rode out of the range of the fob, The red light triggered as to say "NO KEY". If you would have shut off the bike, It would NOT re-start! Until you either entered the key code (using the signal lights) or brought the key fob to the bike. DO NOT KEEP THE KEY NEAR THE BIKE! That is your theft deterrent system, allow it to work for you... Please respond to my guess... thanks!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Low fuel warning light?

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
One and done

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's a "Different" first post! I am not familiar with that speedometer. That being said: Did the red light look like a "Key"? Did your sporty come with a key fob? If yes to both, Your key fob was close enough to the bike when you started it. But when you rode out of the range of the fob, The red light triggered as to say "NO KEY". If you would have shut off the bike, It would NOT re-start! Until you either entered the key code (using the signal lights) or brought the key fob to the bike. DO NOT KEEP THE KEY NEAR THE BIKE! That is your theft deterrent system, allow it to work for you... Please respond to my guess... thanks!
Now I'm familiar with that speedometer: My wife just bought a '17 Sportster Custom.
That "Red Light" is at 9 o'clock on hers, the light is round and doesn't look like a key. It is the security light!
Lucky me... I guessed it right🙄

·
Registered
159 Posts
My 2013 Wide Glide did the same thing after I had a security system installed, the red light came on and the turn signals quit working. They reprogrammed it and tried to charge me again, I call Bullshit, you didn't do it correctly the first time. They were clueless.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
V-Twin Junkie
101 Posts
On a Sporty, that would indicate either a lighting issue (could be headlamp, tail lamp, brake light or turn signals) or, if you have one, the security system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts