1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only to find out it wasn't a long trip at all

Just met this guy and he was probably around early thirties and rough looking

5 ft four and had them big holes in his ear lobes

Few of us talking bout Harleys and most of us ride a good distance for work and fun

This guy with holes in ear says he doesn't like long trips and finds them boring

We kinda looked at each other and shrugged it off

But he continues to tell of this one long trip he thought was boring

Cept it was only a fifty mile stretch of a hwy I like riding on

Just saying I don't think I could get bored within a fifty mile ride

If all I normally did was ride around town

I had a friend that always rode in town never went on the hwy so I'm not disin the notion

One time he told me he went on a long ride

45 miles north of town and back

I've putted around town alot but really like going FOR A RIDE

Thought it was a funny thing to hear

:bikerguy:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
LOL im with you my ride to work is 80 miles round trip I try to do that when ever I can been having thunder storms this week but I ride most days long trip is 1000 or more and I love them

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Do you even ride Bro ^^

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
It seems each time I throw my leg over my bike and head off for a ride, I end up putting 150 miles on the odometer. I don't usually set out with a destination or a route, but still end up logging over a hundred miles without even trying hard.

I love the notion of riding some serious miles too. Multi-day, multi-state travel is a blast. I miss that I could not fit in my trip to see my son in Texas this past spring as I had originally intended. I will have to wait until Sept/Oct to make the next trip. I would love two whole weeks of just motorcycle touring the USA.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,441 Posts
I go to the bank on Mondays. If I take the Jeep, it's a 48 mile round trip. If I take the Harley, it's 24 miles there and 108 miles back. Once it was 175 miles back, but lunch was involved.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i think he is a nut job,,,,yup thats what i think ... yup hes one of them complainers motorcycle haters. GET THE ROPE.....

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
My nephew and I were on a long trip from IL to KY, great trip, we were in KY.. this guy says "hey, why don't we rent a car" I couldn't believe what I heard... I just said "dude, we are on a BIKE TRIP... wtf do you want to rent a cage for?" His reply... "so we don't have to worry about stopping places or getting rained on" In his defense he is an admitted fair weather rider.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I hate long trips too. Too boring....... :rolleyes

·
Registered
946 Posts
This coming weekend is going to be spent fishing with my grand kids. Next weekend is going to be an 800 mile ride to see some friends eat smoked salmon and kill a bottle of good scotch.

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
I'm a hater of people typing 10 words and then

Hitting return 7 times just to make this post

Really awkward to effing

Read

.......yup.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess that it's all in your perspective.

Obviously some folks think that a long ride is 50ish miles, other say 1000 or more...

So long as you're happy and out on the open road, who really cares what everyone else thinks? Enjoy and be happy

Exco

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
The bored guy sounds like a member of the younger "cool hipster" generation. Those guys are bored with life.. nothing is exciting, fun, interesting... at 25 they've done it all seen it all. .. yawn.... it's kinda sad that life provides no joy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe the guy did the fifty miles on a non-Harley, like a Honda Ruckus.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That funny...That's like my step-daughter, when she was in high school would tell me how much she enjoyed riding on the cycle with me. So one Saturday when my wife told me to get lost cause I was just in the way of what she was trying to do, I said to the step-daughter, hey kid, lets go for a cycle ride. She said sure, where we going. I said, I have no idea, lets just go ride. She looked at me all crooked and said, "Why go for a ride if you don't have someplace you have to go? That's stupid." I smiled and said see ya, hopped on the bike and went for a 150 mile ride in the country.

Some people just don't get it.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
My wife stopped asking where we're going long ago. Now she navigates..knowing we don't even know where we are most of the time...she just up and demands, hey, turn left here let's see what happens.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts