Harley Davidson Forums banner

Have a need to charge ((and mount?) iPhone

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  thefour 
#1 ·
I know "search is your friend", and I will definitely do so when I get home tonight, but figured someone might have a good answer at their fingertips so why not throw it out there?

I've got an '08 Street Bob, with no saddle bags, so I'm thinking that it would be good if I could a) keep my phone charged (I sometimes have to pull over and take work calls), and b) run an ear bud from the phone so I can hear it ring and, when needed, hear my nav system directions.

I would have thought there would be a hundred "handlebar mounted iphone charging" accessories out there, but a quick search didn't turn up anything beyond "wiring-harness TO power-port TO car-charger TO phone stored in saddle bag".

Please, no lectures about how the phone should be put away for the purity of the ride... I know that, but gotta do what I gotta do to pay for the bike too :)

Thanks!

#3 ·
Get a handle bar mount from karyaken 49.00 or cheaper on fleabay.
get a accessory power port 19.99 could be cheaper at radio shack(cigarete lighter) and hardwire to the battery. get a usb chrger port 9.99 from a truck stop for the cig lighter. plug your spare cord free from your home into the usb chrger and there you go.

You can put the accessory port where ever you'd like (under seat keeps it dry and keeps the usb chrger interface and cable safe)

There are one piece units that do this and mount on your bars all nice and neat. You will have to search for that. I think the last time I looked at it was like 200 bucks probably cheaper now.

Good luck

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
All good ideas, HD sells a phone charger that plugs directly into the battery tender plug coming off the bike, just like a car cigarette lighter outlet. Use the phone charger some zip ties. You can buy a handle bar mount or HD sells a Boom audio magnetic tank pouch. I slid phone in pouch use earbuds and it works great,all for less than $75

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.