Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting antsy for early spring riding and I am wondering what everyone uses for gloves. Temps would be around 30-40 deg. F.
Thanks!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,505 Posts
Search. This has been discussed lots. Doesn't need repeating.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I am getting antsy for early spring riding and I am wondering what everyone uses for gloves. Temps would be around 30-40 deg. F.
Thanks!

Despite it being discussed before, 30-40* riding temps are COLD, without heated gloves or heated grips. If there's a pair of gloves that keep your hands warm riding in those temps, without feeling like there's a set of encyclopedias between your hands and the grips, I'd love to hear about them.

The best gloves to date, (30+ years of riding) I've found, I currently wear. They're made by a company called "Hugger".

[email protected]

They're Technaline Cowhide Leather......Whatever that is. They're warm, not too thick and were $54.:thumb

Gauntlet style as well. At anything under 45*, I turn the grip heaters on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
gloves

I like my Gerbing gloves, even without plugging them in. It does help that I'm riding my ultra right now instead of my softail - much less wind hitting my hands.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Snowmobile gloves work well. I have several winter riding gloves and they are among my favorite. Another is the H-D winter gauntlet glove. Motorcycle Consumer News rated them a Best Buy.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Despite it being discussed before, 30-40* riding temps are COLD, without heated gloves or heated grips. If there's a pair of gloves that keep your hands warm riding in those temps, without feeling like there's a set of encyclopedias between your hands and the grips, I'd love to hear about them.

The best gloves to date, (30+ years of riding) I've found, I currently wear. They're made by a company called "Hugger".

[email protected]

They're Technaline Cowhide Leather......Whatever that is. They're warm, not too thick and were $54.:thumb

Gauntlet style as well. At anything under 45*, I turn the grip heaters on.
that link is an email address dave. you got a website for them:thumb

i got the good ole H-D brand insulated gloves and there pretty good to around the mid to high 40's. they were 70 or 80 bucks and i wouldn't recommend them. but damn do i look cool wearing them.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
that link is an email address dave. you got a website for them:thumb
No. That's the only thing that's on the tag, inside the glove. I bought them at a tiny leather shop called "Mt. Pocono Leather".:(

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use an Olympia glove, with thinsulate liner. They are not to thick, and are even waterproof. They cost me around $40.00 keep my hands warm.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Big difference between 30 and 40. Most decent gloves are good down to 45. Below 40 you need something to help out. I use Harley FXRG winter gloves. The gortex lining is wind and water proof and when it dips down below 40 I stick these little heat pads in the gloves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the ideas, I looked up the Hugger gloves. There website is huggergloves.com.

·
"Riding for Tim" RIP
607 Posts
I wear a pair of Camoflauge Remington Hunting Gloves with wind block. Cost around $20 bucks and work very well, just not worried about making a fashion statement

1 - 13 of 13 Posts