Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Work in a small town not far from where I live. Talked to a motorcycle officer this morning and he was riding a 2014 Police Bike with the new Bat Wing fairing. He loves the bike but I was wondering is this going on elsewhere? Or do I just need to get away and see the rest of the country? :goob Typically I have always seen them with a "Road King" set up.

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts
Lot's of Batwings in Dallas. I think most of the metroplex is sporting fairings. When I was at the Police rodeo last March, probably 90% were batwings.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Locally I see individual cities and counties around here with RK's but I think Florida highway patrol have batwings.

·
Registered
684 Posts
There is a good mix here. The highway patrol's have a bat fairing. Most of the munies have Road Kings. I even saw some locals on BMWs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well..............you are in Lubbock. :fitz

Not like you were in Midway or something . :mooning:
Ouch!!! :spew No ones fault but my own! Came up here for college in 1976 and still here. That's going to change soon though.....

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
CHP has a lot of them in Nor-Cal.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What, you need an excuse to go riding all over the country to see what cops are using batwings?
Not what I meant...If I HAD been out more I would have seen what police were riding in other states. Indicated that I haven't traveled enough. Maybe we should start a new thread though, "Nonsensical reasons to ride around the country"!!:) That would rate right up there!!

·
Just Ride
3,252 Posts
Locally I see individual cities and counties around here with RK's but I think Florida highway patrol have batwings.
FHP are riding Victorys in my part of Florida. Sort of a batwing.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Batwing' here in NY, which I think is the most common, atleast from what I have seen.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
They ride horses in Houston.

Attachments

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Not what I meant...If I HAD been out more I would have seen what police were riding in other states. Indicated that I haven't traveled enough. Maybe we should start a new thread though, "Nonsensical reasons to ride around the country"!!:) That would rate right up there!!
Show up at collision III this June and ride with the rest of us crazy bikers.
Search collision III and read the posts.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The city police here in Knoxville have the batwings along with Tennessee Highway Patrol. Blount County up on the Dragon are sporting the batwings while Knox County is on the Beemers.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Reason number 1 , I just changed my oil .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts