Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,

Tested my new HD Heated gloves this morning. Put 50 miles on the bike.

Temp: 36* (weather.com showed felt like 36*)

I put about ~35 miles on country roads at 40-55 mph and ~15 miles on the interstate at 70 mph.

Hands felt great. Never felt cold (my feet did). All the heat comes from this side of the gloves:

No heat provided from this side:

Back of my hands got pretty hot at the lower speeds and felt perfect on the interstate. I had to reach behind me and turn off the gloves a couple of times because my knuckles started to burn. HD sells a thermostat for the gloves (I think it's about $100). I was fine with just turning the gloves off if they were too hot.

Palms and fingers never got cold. I guess enough heat came from the back of my hands to the palms. All in all, I like them. :thumb

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I like the technology in these gloves.

From the Harley site

Men's Heated Gloves

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for availability

The new Heated Gloves feature Microwire™ heating technology, a patented process of using micro-sized stainless steel fibers that are intertwined and encased in a Teflon® coating. The Microwire™ is woven into a heating matrix within the glove and provides consistent heat coverage to the entire length of each finger, including the thumb as well as the back of the hand. 100% Genuine Leather glove with waterproof, breathable Aquatex™ liner. Electrical plug-ins built into gauntlet cuff. Includes connecting harness, power switch, and three prong harness to go up jacket sleeves. Can be worn alone or with other heated clothing. Padded palms. Drawcord closure. Graphics in contrasting colors. One-year limited warranty.

98323-09VM

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hoss those look like great gloves.

As for the feet, slipping heat packs into your boots should help keep the toes toasty.

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thermostat is ~$65. I might do it. I have one knuckle that got so hot the skin is coming off it today :eek: I do have sissy hands though, can't even do an oil change without at least one knuckle bleeding.

I'm going to get some of the heat packs for my feet - I think that would make me comfortable for long rides in the cold. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts