Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a life long motorcycle rider, I got my first Harley back in '94- a beat to sh*t sportster I ran into the ground. I graduated to a new road king in 97, that bike was the love of my life. I stripped it down to a fat looking FLH. I let a friend borrow it for the afternoon-that's where my love affair with Harley went wrong.

My buddy totaled the bike, he was fine. I wanted to murder him...but it was my fault for letting him ride it. I took the insurance $ and bought a new 06 roadking. I thought that there had to be improvements as it was new- the sales guy told me it was better than my old EVO.. That twin cam 88 5 speed was a slug, I put 3 grand more into that bike to make it quicker, better sounding, etc. with no luck! I yearned for the performance and feel of my old EVO. In 2011 I sold it and went to BMW. I loved the performance and style but yearned for the soul of HD. I continued to go bigger and more $$ in the BMW line, continued to hang out with my HD friends, still went to sturgis, took the ribbing and snide comments in stride. I would always have the come back of "Harley Davidson- yesterday's technology at tomorrow's prices"

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I went on a mountain ride with a bunch of friends-mostly HD. My buddy had just got a new 14 electraglide classic, 103 motor, gorgeous bike. I was on my BMW Gt - a quick powerful sport touring bike, I had a smirk on my face-I will still leave these guys in the dust on mountain curves and straight a ways I thought. I was wrong- the new electraglide kept up, and even passed me here and there. I asked him if I could ride it- hell no - get your own bike he said...

The following weekend I went and test rode a 14 street glide- I was smiling ear to ear- BMW- our brief affair was over.... Harley Davidson I'm back!!! The handling , power, and sure footedness of this bike is amazing , the technological improvements were pretty surprising- and it's still stock! I can't wait to hop it up. I'm in love again!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
2 weeks ago I went from a 2012 Goldwing to a 2014 Ultra Limited. Now there are a few things that I miss on the Wing, but the Wife and I were very suprised and impressed so much so that the Wife said buy it. she was all bent on what we were going to lose on the trade, but after the test ride didn't care any longer.

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 weeks ago I went from a 2012 Goldwing to a 2014 Ultra Limited. Now there are a few things that I miss on the Wing, but the Wife and I were very suprised and impressed so much so that the Wife said buy it. she was all bent on what we were going to lose on the trade, but after the test ride didn't care any longer.
I lost on my trade too, a couple three grand... Oh we'll I guess we can't take the money with us when we die!!! But we can take the great memories! What do you miss?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.