Harley Davidson Forums banner

HD offers free rider safe course to military

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  jbehuniak 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That IS pretty dang cool of them.

I wonder how this course compares to the base offered (and required...at least on Navy bases) riders safety course.

Might have to sign up and learn a few things.

#7 ·
This is actually pretty cool IMO. I did the MSF Basic Rider Course 2 years ago and our Instructors said that the H-D course was a bit different. So, I signed up for this one and will see about taking it.

For anyone else who may be in Alabama and a member of the Alabama Army National Guard, The Alabama National Guard Safety Office sponsors us members for the MSF BRC...it costs you $0.00 to take the course, and you do it "In Lieu" of a normal 2 day Drill..so you actually get paid to go take the course! The BRC is a minimum requirement for all members of the Alabama Army National Guard and Air National Guard in order to be able to ride On Post and be covered under the SGLI. CW3 Todd Vann is the contact of reference...

#8 ·
I'm glad to see HD taking care of our vets

I took the MSF course several years ago when I added my endorsement, but I signed up for this one as well. It never hurts to have a refresher

Exco

#10 ·
OPERATION PERSONAL FREEDOM: RIDE FREE
ALL CURRENT AND FORMER U.S. MILITARY PERSONNEL
CAN LEARN TO RIDE FOR FREE WITH H-D™ RIDING ACADEMY

To thank the millions of people who have courageously defended our country and everyone’s personal freedom to ride, Harley-Davidson is offering a free H-D Riding Academy New Rider Course for all current and former U.S. military personnel. The offer runs May 16 - September 13, 2015.*

https://ridefree.harley-davidson.com/militarylearntoride/

#11 ·
Signed up.

I normally don't do things like this for free, but this offer is just to good to pass up. I look forward to learning (or relearning) something.

#12 ·
Current and former US Military - Learn to ride for free

I know this has been talked about before but I thought it was important to push it up the list. HD is offering free Riding Academy classes to all current and former US Military personnel now through 13 September.

In Texas successful completion of the class exempts you from both the written and riding tests for your M endorsement. Most states have a similar program so check with your local DMV. Even if you have your endorsement it's a great way to get a refresher and start to break some of the bad habits we all fall in to as riders.

Time is running out on this great offer so pass it on to your friends and family who may be serving or have served.

Ride Safe!

#14 ·
The dealer threw in the Ride Academy for my girlfriend when I bought my bike, and I took advantage of this to take it with her. We just completed the class this last weekend. Got to use the Street 500, which is a pretty fun bike, but REALLY uncomfortable, lol. It was a pretty good class, almost identical to the class I took 5 years ago, with the added "push" to buy stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.