Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, my bike stopped flashing the left turn signal lights ( right side is ok), i've traced down all the wires from switch and bulbs to TSSM,all of them are good.
I have opened the TSSM and checked the internal connection to the board too. I have checked the faut codes and it come up with this B1121 " Left Turn Output Fault" I will need a new TSSM with this P/N 68925-00A.:(
Now, since there's no HD shop/service in my area (I live in Romania and the closest to my town is at about 650 KM) i am asking, can i marriage the new TSSM to my IGNITION MODULE and teach button key fob at my home? ( its Carburetted so no ECM).
One more question,after turning the ign switch on the right side turn signal ( left side idk) is flashing 5 times,is this because tssm reads a fault on the left output?
Please help.
If i made some grammar errors please forgive me, i am not native but self taught english speaker;)

·
Retired citizen
24,124 Posts
My question is: Does your bike have a FOB ?

The P/N you posted is a security module and has been updated to 68925-00D. This is a HDI module. You can also use P/N 68921-01D USA module as a replacement. There is a procedure to marry the module to the bike's ECM using the turn signal switches, no need to go to the Harley dealer.

Need to verify that your bike in fact has a security system. TSM or TSSM ?

Reactions: ematicic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, is tssm, HD fxstd HDI, I do have an remote control with burton to arm disarm the alarm.
So mean ign module not ecm (its carburetted) right?
I have attached photo of my tssm

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for the procedure, in the last 2 3 days i've read over internet and watched on youtube a lot of procedures about password, activate and deactivate alarm, marriage to sportster and sincerly now I am very confused, I dont know wich one is the right one.
If there's a discussion on the forum about the right procedure for softail tc carb 88ci please paste the link.

·
Retired citizen
24,124 Posts
My suggestion for this OP is to try to get his bike to a H-D dealer that can connect a Scanalyzer or Digital Tech computer for diagnostics. Just reading a DTC (B1121) isn't solving a symptom, it's only a direction to follow in an electrical diagnostic flow chart.
Don't just throw parts at a Harley trying to fix a problem, do proper diagnostics.

·
Retired citizen
24,124 Posts
Just because there's a DTC for the TSSM doesn't mean the TSSM is bad. The DTC is a direction to follow in the electrical diagnostic manual flow chart is all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just because there's a DTC for the TSSM doesn't mean the TSSM is bad. The DTC is a direction to follow in the electrical diagnostic manual flow chart is all.
I have troubleshooted the problem, I have also opened tssm module ( bulb driver chip is out).
I have experiente with electeonics, my profession is diagnosis engineer at dealer for bmw cars and motorrad.
I am sure I need tssm

·
Retired citizen
24,124 Posts
OK. So you are sure.
Please post back with your fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK. So you are sure.
Please post back with your fix.
Can you paste here link to the tutorial "how to marriage tssm"?.
Thank you.

I will post with the fix. It will Take a while i guess, with this pandemic situation around the world i think they will not ship very fast.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you have a electrical diagnostics manual the marrying procedure is in there. My 2002 Touring manual lists it on page 3-75 Table 3-36 "Setting TSM/TSSM and ECM password without scanalyzer". Its a simple but very demanding procedure. I had to try 6 times before I got it right on my install. Memorize the steps before trying and it will go much smoother.
RoadKing TSSM to ECM Marry.jpg

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much.
I don't have service or electrica diagnosis manual. I couldnt find on internet manual fir my bike.

·
Retired citizen
24,124 Posts
Update; The p/n 68921-01D is for the TSM, no security. The USA security module p/n is 68923-00D.
Also note that the directions posted above are for 'password learn', a new TSSM also needs section 3.3 TSM/TSSM Vehicle Delivery be done prior to 'password learn'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update; The p/n 68921-01D is for the TSM, no security. The USA security module p/n is 68923-00D.
Also note that the directions posted above are for 'password learn', a new TSSM also needs section 3.3 TSM/TSSM Vehicle Delivery be done prior to 'password learn'.
Thank you very much for the info, do you have that section 3.3?

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts