Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
hd new bike warranty is a rip off.i was told that most motor knocking is acceptable.:mad:
This is a worthless post.

You say HD denied your warranty claim bacause the engine knocks, but fail to give any circumstances, mileage, model, details or accounts of the conversation, mechanical diagnosis or details.

Just bashing HD's warranty.

If you told the dealer as many details as you've told us, no wonder they denied your claim. :D

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
....on the ceiling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My experience of HD warrenty issues has been ok...from minor issues to a more serious one [potentially]..I had a loud clacking noise from the engine [primary case] when engine under stress..turned out to be a stuck p chain adjuster....I also mentioned another problem with a flat spot and although many mods had been done which should have invalidated the warranty they put bike [Night Train] on dyno and set her to run beautifully...NO CHARGE!! Result....customer satisfaction.....I didn't even buy the bike from that dealership...

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
seeing the user name " streetrod" i would venture to say that the person is riding a vrscr. if its a 1130cc motor the timing chains are looooooooooooonggg, and are a bit noisy, which by HD's standards is acceptable. also the throttle body being located under the airbox(thats where the gas tank is on air cooled motors) and transmits the sound of the engine up through the airbox, sounds like a muffled thumping, and when running topless it will be even more defined. maybe this helps and maybe it doesn't............................................what i do know is i like fish sammichs :thumb

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Mmmmmm.....fish sammiches.

I declare this thread, todays "Jack it like you stole it" thread.....

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
seeing the user name " streetrod" i would venture to say that the person is riding a vrscr. if its a 1130cc motor the timing chains are looooooooooooonggg, and are a bit noisy, which by HD's standards is acceptable. also the throttle body being located under the airbox(thats where the gas tank is on air cooled motors) and transmits the sound of the engine up through the airbox, sounds like a muffled thumping, and when running topless it will be even more defined. maybe this helps and maybe it doesn't............................................what i do know is i like fish sammichs :thumb
What,give up on boooobies?

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,240 Posts
Fish sammiches rule...but Whataburger needs more practice at making them.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Fish sammiches rule...but Whataburger needs more practice at making them.
whataburger!! ya'll got a wataburger too? we got one here in mooresville nc, best fock'n burger i ever had.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,240 Posts
Whataburger was founded in my hometown of Corpus Christi, TX :thumb

Thick N Hearty burgers rule!

I also dig the Wild Mountain Chicken sammich from Wendy's

·
Registered
39,564 Posts
Someone say Whataburger?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
That's Motive's living room............

·
Registered
39,564 Posts
I call dibs on Taco Cabana!

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
With all that male pattern baldness, and that length in the back, that's no Mullet.

That's a SKULLET.......

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,240 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts