Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first bike and just found this site. Very helfpul already.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welome! Though still in its infancy, this forum will be the place to be! It full of good people all sharing a common love.

·
Registered
679 Posts
:dance Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!:dance

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Just purchased my first bike and just found this site. Very helfpul already.
Major welcome 07FXDC. If I can ask, recognizing you probably haven't put many miles on your new bike, but how do you like? I have a friend who's never owned a Harley and this is the one interesting him. I think he's going to pull the trigger and any thoughts you have, however brief, would be nice.

Steve

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sfarson, I love my bike. It's killing me that the weather is turning cold but I knew that going in. I can't really give much advice since I didn't have a bike before to compare this too. I really like the sporty street cruiser look and, to me, this one provided the most bang for the buck since I really like the shiny stuff. I like the bigger baggers but I didn't feel like they fit my personality. I also like the lowrider but it's a bit too low for me since I'm 6'4". The only thing I'd change and probably will change is the mid controls to forward controls. With my long legs, that's a much better riding position for me. I have highway pegs now so it's not too bad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
sfarson, I love my bike. It's killing me that the weather is turning cold but I knew that going in. I can't really give much advice since I didn't have a bike before to compare this too. I really like the sporty street cruiser look and, to me, this one provided the most bang for the buck since I really like the shiny stuff. I like the bigger baggers but I didn't feel like they fit my personality. I also like the lowrider but it's a bit too low for me since I'm 6'4". The only thing I'd change and probably will change is the mid controls to forward controls. With my long legs, that's a much better riding position for me. I have highway pegs now so it's not too bad.
Thanks much for the mini-review and perspective! And congrats again on bringing a great bike home. Kinda nice looking back at it after parking eh?

Any pics yet?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no pix yet - soon though

thanks

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Another Carolinian. WELCOME!

Where is Ahoskie?