Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
cold @ foggy
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of used s.e. heads for a $100 and not sure if its gonna cost as much to refresh those as it would to have my stock ones done. I own a 05 eglide with s&s 510 cams. Also wondering are s.e. heads any good. Its something Im gonna do during my second 40000 miles and will also go with 95" and might size up the cams. Also can anybody explain to my wife why this is important.:stir

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
SE heads have slightly larger valves and heavier valve springs. Outside of that, I'm not aware of any other differences, as they don't come ported. polished etc.

Too boot, they may have already been cut/changed, regarding cylinder CC size, as they should be matched to your application for your desired compression ratio.

Personally....I'd just mod your stock heads. At least you know what you have. Plenty of "Head" guys out there to help mod them.

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Also can anybody explain to my wife why this is important.:stir[/QUOTE]

I hope you're kidding:banana

·
cold @ foggy
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

I wasnt aware that s.e. heads werent ported and polished. As far as Im concernd thats the whole idea for touching them. Ill just save for doing it right.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
That, and apparently there's an issue with the SE valve seals. Not positive about that...just sayin'.....

Mod the stockers..........

·
blk bassani thunder
1,248 Posts
I'm not positive on the big twin in which I have a nightster. The SE heads are not ported and polished and the difference is the heads are decked to give you a higher compression also depending on which cam you use. It's up to you. With newer bikes these days people are smarter to port and polish their stock heads and save the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts