Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive had my fairing cap off for a couple days, looking to put it back together. I noticed the black lead to the left frt speaker had broke loose. This is a soldered connection. A slight possability I broke it myself??? Maybe. But it wouldve been a lame connection even so.
Something to check before you slam it back together.:soapbox

I should correct my teminology. I'm refering to the "outer fairing" not the "Fairing cap" (where the key thingy goes in)

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
crap I just spent the whole afternoon looking for a screw for retaining the outer fairing. After the usual poking and prodding I gave up and took a leaf blower to the carport. Was about to give up and get ready for work. Stuck the blower under the bike and the little f##ker popped out the frame and wire bundles underneath. Tommorow I'll wrap a sheet around engine complex and hopefully it wont take off for some other "parts unknown" .:pull

Was hoping to ride that pig today:banghead

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Well at least I know I'm not the only one that happens to. I like the leaf blower idea.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well at least I know I'm not the only one that happens to. I like the leaf blower idea.
Happens to me alot anymore. I'll probably bleed out looking for a part I clumsily let slip. leaf blower was just dumb luck. I thought it may have rolled under a pile of leaves in the corner. True they was about 15 feet away but I had looked everywhere else. Had felt the bike over pretty good too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts