Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone let me know if there is a trick to taking out the headlight on a 2018 FXBB. I want to upgrade the headlight but when I take of the ring the headlight won’t come out. Seems like it is glued in there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did that but the light wouldn’t budge. Didn’t know if there was some other clamp to loosen.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the 2018 is an LED there is no "bulb" the reflector assy. contains the LED's and comes out as a unit, and is replaced as a unit.

·
Registered
670 Posts
the 2018 is an LED there is no "bulb" the reflector assy. contains the LED's and comes out as a unit, and is replaced as a unit.
Can anyone let me know if there is a trick to taking out the headlight on a 2018 FXBB. I want to upgrade the headlight but when I take of the ring the headlight won’t come out. Seems like it is glued in there??

Yep. I had a 2018 FXBB, and it came with the 5 3/4 Daymaker LED. It's a great headlight. You probably already bought a new headlight. What are you replacing it with, and why did you decide to do it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I had just gotten on of those from amazon. LED projector.... but could not for the life of me get OEM light off. After looking at the parts list and the connector I finally read that it says you have to replace the entire unit.. same thing happened to me when I bought the barefootwillies throttle lock.... doesn’t fit the newer models.... o well if anyone wants the throttle lock LMK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I got another headlight for my 19' FXBB - ran into the same issue as you. I was wondering if you had any issues replacing the headlight assembly? That T screw holding the assembly in place looks long, not sure if itll clear the forks?

·
Love motorcycling
22 Posts
It is a older posting that I just read right now, I have a 2019 FXBB and have no trouble at all to remove the inner part from the headlight. I take
off the chrome ring and the whole insert comes out in one piece.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s weird i could not get it to come out. Seemed like it was a sealed. Can you get us a pic?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts