Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2010 Fatboy Lo, the previous owner took off the front turn signals. While I like that it cleans up the front, I still would feel more comfortable with a signal of some sort on the front end. With that being said, I considered turn signal mirrors but instead went with a new headlight that has LED signals built into it. Does anyone know what color of wires I need to be looking for to wire in the LED signals? I have looked on the Net and came across someone saying Brown- right and Violet- left but when I looked I didn't see either of those colors in the loom coming down from the handlebars. Although there is another smaller set of wires sheathed together, which I was nervous to cut into without knowing exactly what color I am supposed to be actually looking for. I took apart the housing on the handlebars and seen Orange and white wires coming from it, which I do see in the wiring coming out of the handlebars but want to make sure these are the correct ones to splice into. Thanks in advance

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I would get out the service manual, and look into the wire colors. Of course locating them may be more difficult, if the previous owner hacked up the harness. You may need to ask the dealer or your Indy the "location" of the wires, or where they "should" be.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
After you find the wires, you'll need load resisters for the LED signals, or they'll flash really fast.
Some model bike can be programed for LED ignals and would not need the resisters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts