Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone down south had trouble with heat on the 09 Road King?

What kind of heat??? I live due south, central america with 80 / 85average, and feel this bike is much less heating than the softail... And softail equipped with heat exchanger furthermore..

Are you comparing the heating with another HD, other year model or make ??

Do you feel the heat while riding, on your feet, or thighs?? Or is just in a traffic jam??

Because when stopped, it is normal.. It is also normal when the ambiant temp is a bit fresh, the heat radiation on your legs makes you feel they are burning, but it is just the thermal constraint on your skin, a bit like when your hands are frozen and you wash´em with cold water and it burns like it was boiling water... Relativity theory..

But if you refer to the temp inside the bags, yes... not a good idea to go shopping and bring back the "I can´t believe it´s not butter" pot inside the baggies...

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
AWL... Supposedly the heat situation has been much improved with the re-routing of the rear cylinder exhaust with the '09 touring bikes. I ride an '07 Road King and haven't had any heat issues, but some on touring bikes would in stop/go traffic in stifling heat. If you're contemplating an '09 RK, I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts