Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can answer this question...
I recently purchased HD heated gloves along with the adaptor which allows me to connect them to my battery tender. My question is the gloves alone call for a 3 Amp fuse while the battery tender came with a 7.5 Amp fuse. I know if I get the heated liner in the fall the 7.5 Amp fuse will be good for the liner and gloves together, but what should I do if I just want to use the gloves? Thanks!

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Use the gloves. If you're asking about the fuse size being to big, I wouldn't worry about that. The fuse is there to protect the tender cable, not the device you're plugging into it.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
some of the heated gear comes with its own fuse if your worried you can plug a 3 amp in after the 7.5 the 3 will blow first when I lived in cold weather the heated gear was great extended my riding at least 3 months a year depending on snow

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use the gloves. If you're asking about the fuse size being to big, I wouldn't worry about that. The fuse is there to protect the tender cable, not the device you're plugging into it.
Sorry I'm still confused. Wouldn't the 7.5 amp fuse used with just the gloves not stop the tender cable from overheating, resulting in ruining the gloves if they should short out?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry I'm still confused. Wouldn't the 7.5 amp fuse used with just the gloves not stop the tender cable from overheating, resulting in ruining the gloves if they should short out?
I think what he they were trying to say is that the gloves should have the proper sized fuse included with whatever is used to plug them in.

The chances of the gloves shorting out to a point where the included fuse will not protect the wires connecting them to both the battery tender wire, and the battery tender wire itself are so small that they're not really worth mentioning.

hope this clears things up a little bit

Exco

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think what he they were trying to say is that the gloves should have the proper sized fuse included with whatever is used to plug them in.

The chances of the gloves shorting out to a point where the included fuse will not protect the wires connecting them to both the battery tender wire, and the battery tender wire itself are so small that they're not really worth mentioning.

hope this clears things up a little bit

Exco
The Gloves come with all different size fuses. The manual says to use the 3 amp fuse when just using gloves and an 8 amp fuse for jacket liner and gloves. The battery tender came with a 7.5 amp fuse. I want to use the same cable for the tender and the gloves so should I just keep the 7.5 amp fuse in or should I put the 3 amp fuse?

·
Banned
71 Posts
The Gloves come with all different size fuses. The manual says to use the 3 amp fuse when just using gloves and an 8 amp fuse for jacket liner and gloves. The battery tender came with a 7.5 amp fuse. I want to use the same cable for the tender and the gloves so should I just keep the 7.5 amp fuse in or should I put the 3 amp fuse?
Keep the bigger one...it'll be fine. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts