Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put heated grips on my bike

1. Am I a sissy?
2. Will they warm my hands through my gloves?

FYI - I don't wear "winter" gloves. I wear the same leather gloves year round.

Thanks!

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
I just fitted a set of Heat Demons to my Road Glide :woo they go inside the handle bars and you retain your original grips. I'm 100% pleased

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I've been debating... heated gloves vs. heated grips... Cold sucks!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,193 Posts
heated gloves vs. heated grips
I'd go for heated gloves. Less involved wiring on the bike, plus the fact that I need that connection for a battery tender anyway, and once I've got the plug, heated socks or boot liners are next after gloves.

I have instructions on adding heating wire to glove liners or boot inserts or vests, and the wire was cheap in quantity. The only issue is good connectors. and a regulator.

Danii has the coolest location for his heating controls, they're on the top of his horn cover.

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I think I am going to go with the heated grips...good winter project.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still Fighting The Cold

I double up on gloves which helps a lot but I haven't really seen weather below 30 in Hampton Roads yet. I helped my buddy DAVE put heated grips on an ULTRA. What a pain in the ass! The only thing that was not torn apart was engine, frame and tires. He meticulously put it all back together and the left grip stopped working! DIRTY WORDS!! LOL! I only have a 20 mile commute. I grew up near Lake Erie and too hard headed and cheap to spend the money!

Regards,
Willy

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,193 Posts
glove cover mittens

I bought really impressively good heavy gauntlet gloves for $15 ( actually were on sale for $11!! ) from leatherup.com.

Turns out they are my warmest gloves, but by far the best part is that almost as an aside, they had zip closed pockets on the gauntlet with thin poly coated nylon mittens stashed away for rain covers. Genius. Those thin rain cover mittens are well worth the $15 all by themselves, they make any pair of gloves twice as warm, and as emergency rain gear they fold so thin and flat you could pretty nearly keep them in your wallet. Somebody should make them available all by themselves, they're a real keeper.
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycl...uff/51690.html

Here's a couple of new things I hadn't seen before, mittens and over gloves are a proven concept for me, obviously preventing wind between the fingers works.

Here's 2 finger over-glove mittens, and 2 finger mitten riding gloves too. That'll work...

gloves are $39
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LARGE-COLD-WEATHER-MOTORCYCLE-RIDING-GLOVES-GLOVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ50425QQihZ009QQitemZ190263597770QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

rain-cold covers are $16
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WATER-RESISTANT-RAIN-MITTENS-GLOVES-COVER-COVERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ50425QQihZ009QQitemZ190261147954QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heated grips?? You guys are either brave or bull headed! I've put the King away for the season....*sigh*. The 10 cm of snow we got here last week was enough to convince me...oh well...c'mon February!! Trailering the bike to Florida for Bike Week...can't wait!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,193 Posts
Heated grips?? You guys are either brave or bull headed! I've put the King away for the season....*sigh*.
Bull headed is the way to describe spending 45 minutes getting dressed and undressed
at each end of a 45 minute commute twice a day.

How cold will you still ride in Ontario? If it's dry of course.
Besides with the protection you have on an RK, we may be talking about needing
heated grips in weather you think is balmy.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Heated grips?? You guys are either brave or bull headed! I've put the King away for the season....*sigh*. The 10 cm of snow we got here last week was enough to convince me...oh well...c'mon February!! Trailering the bike to Florida for Bike Week...can't wait!
" away for the season? "

" snow? "

" Trailering? "

I just don't understand........

:woo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts