Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a heated pant liner for this winter. The problem is that I am pretty tall (6'5" / 220lbs). I already checked with Tourmaster and Firstgear about their sizes but have not come to a final conclusion if their stuff will fit (pants might be too short), and my local stores don't have anything in stock so that I could try it on.

My jeans size is 38w x 36 inseam. Is there anybody out there who has the same "physical dimensions" and who has a pant liner? What brand and more importantly what size is your liner?

What are you other tall guys wearing in winter?

Thanks!

·
Banned
223 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a heated pant liner for this winter. The problem is that I am pretty tall (6'5" / 220lbs). I already checked with Tourmaster and Firstgear about their sizes but have not come to a final conclusion if their stuff will fit (pants might be too short), and my local stores don't have anything in stock so that I could try it on.

My jeans size is 38w x 36 inseam. Is there anybody out there who has the same "physical dimensions" and who has a pant liner? What brand and more importantly what size is your liner?

What are you other tall guys wearing in winter?

Thanks!
I wear a 38x36 and everything is too damm short........... :mad

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
Is this worn under the pants or
over the pants and under the chaps or
either?

Never mind, I see it is for under the pants. However, it looks like I would have to order bigger pants to fit over them.

Have any of you guys been able to wear the heated liner under your pants without having to get bigger pants????

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
Pants LINER...ergo under/inside the pants .

Longjohns...pants liner...pants...chaps. :)
I couldn't be able to stay or go inside after putting all that on as I would be sweating from the heat.

But I could sure handle some deep freeze cold with those layers on. Hello Santa Claus.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I am 6'-1"; 220 lbs; wear 36x34 jeans. I have size XL/XXL heated pants liner from Warm & Safe (Warm & Safe, the Home of the Warmest Clothing in the Universe) and am very happy with them. The pants liner are roomy, not too tight, and fit comfortably under the jeans. The length of the pant leg comes down to just above the ankle. I think that you could use the same size that I have and be fine (the waist and the seat have enough room and stretch to make it work in my opinion).

I also have the heated sock liners but I have not used them yet due to the soft lowers that I have installed on my engine guard really help block the cold wind on my boots. The sock liners overlap the pants liner to avoid any gaps in coverage.

You will be very happy going with heated gear. It has reduced the number of clothing layers that I previously needed to wear (which became constrictive) and I am much more comfortable riding in the colder months. The wind chill can be kept at bay with heated gear.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I couldn't be able to stay or go inside after putting all that on as I would be sweating from the heat.

But I could sure handle some deep freeze cold with those layers on. Hello Santa Claus.
My blood is thinner than yours is . :)

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pant vs. jacket

So, based on your replies (THANKS! Gerbil seems to offer a pant liner that fits my size) I did a lot more reading and found that a lot of riders seems to go just with the heated jacket liners.

Originally I thought just to get the pant liners (because my legs always get cold first) but now I have second thoughts: Should I got with a jacket liner first?

·
Banned
71 Posts
So, based on your replies (THANKS! Gerbil seems to offer a pant liner that fits my size) I did a lot more reading and found that a lot of riders seems to go just with the heated jacket liners.

Originally I thought just to get the pant liners (because my legs always get cold first) but now I have second thoughts: Should I got with a jacket liner first?
Go with what gets cold on you ....the pants. :thumbsup

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Blocking the wind is the biggest thing to keep from getting cold (the wind chill effect). For me, the worst was always my hands due to no protection at all other than gloves. The rest of my body was a toss-up. Toes, knees, chest, arms all seemed to get cold at about the same rate.

I have gone to all body heated liners: gloves, jacket, pants, socks. I have found that if you add heated gear to one area of your body, say a jacket, then that is when you will really notice how cold your knees are. Before, everything got cold at the same rate, now with your warm jacket, your knees seem extremely cold by comparison.

Today I went for a short ride: sunny; 46° F; dry conditions; avg speed 50 mph. I put on all of the heated gear except my socks and was comfortable during the ride. By the end of the ride (2 1/2 hrs), I did start to notice that my toes were beginning to get cold. I think that the steel safety toe of my boots was reflecting the cold onto my toes after that length of exposure. Without steel toe boots, I may not have felt the cold on my toes today. Next time, I will use the sock liners and that should help.

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
I think that the steel safety toe of my boots was reflecting the cold onto my toes after that length of exposure. Without steel toe boots, I may not have felt the cold on my toes today. Next time, I will use the sock liners and that should help.
I gave up steel toe riding boots a long time ago for that reason.
Used to have to wear them for work so they did double duty as riding boots.
No doubt in my mind they increased the toe chill factor. And if you went somewhere that you could not take them off right away they only held the cold in and your ride home was with cold(er) toes.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Gerbing gear is great...getting a correct fit is very important...rode yesterday in the 30's everybody was bitchin about being cold..I felt great..heated gear is a little pricey...because its worth it..the G3 gloves are amazing..

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
One of the benefits of living in the south. Unless you eat too much barbecue :)
Blasphemy! There's no such thing as "too much barbecue".

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts

I assume you meant Gerbing. Putting a Gerbil in your pants is another kind of warm feeling. I am not judging I am just saying.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts