Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Street Glide that I am totally in love with!

However, while I like and use the heel shifter, its placement directly over the floorboad eats up several usable inches of footspace.

Does anyone make a longer piece for the heel shifter that would place the peg futher back off the end of the floorboard?

And what is that piece called?? I can't even search for it without knowing what it is...."heel shift peg holder thing" just isn't working :)

Thanks!

Wildcat

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The extended reach shift arms look like what I need, although just the heel part. If I put an extended reach toe part I wouldn't be able to reach it :)

I know lots of people don't like a heel shifter, but I use mine all the time.

Thanks all!

Wildcat

·
Banned
482 Posts
I'm the same way as the OP. I'd like just the heel part. I'm no spending that much and not need half of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hogcowboy, once I knew what to look for I found that Kuryakyn makes one that you can get singly (works as either toe or heel shifter)....part KY-1026.

Wildcat

·
Banned
482 Posts
Thanks. I'll take a look.

EDIT: Just looked. Doesn't do me any good. I'd have to buy two so they match. They get you one way or the other!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had several Harleys and have never used the heel part of the shifter.

I always remove the back part of the shifter and just use the front part ... pretty much like all the other bikes on the planet.

I could never get used to the heel shifter, either .. and it took up too much room for my foot.

But, there are are those that love this feature.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,049 Posts
I wear size 14 boots and it doesn"t present a problem to me. How 'bout this? Sometimes when I'm up-shifting I actually just hit the lever itself (not the rubber peg). So -- if you really wanted to be cheeeeaap, you could unscrew the rear shifter peg and get it out of your way and I bet you'd find that you can still upshift without too much trouble. And you would still be able to use the front lever to upshift as a backup. If that setup worked for you, then you could put a bolt in the rear shifter hole and dress it with a chrome bolt-head cover, which would also give you a little something for your heel to catch when shifting. Ingenuity and imagination -- (In other words, find a way to rig things to your liking)

Hey, it's your bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts