Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike with the heel-toe shifter pegs.

With my every day Nikes the shoe fits in between them with little room to move my foot around. But with my riding boots there is no room at all to set my foot on the board.

Has anyone out there had to find longer stems on the shift levers?

·
American
28,696 Posts
Lose the heel shifter. IMO

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Guess that would include me...I love the heel shifter and have size 12 boots. Far as I know, I have stock factory issue shifters.

Reactions: Bikersarge and JTJ

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Guess that would include me...I love the heel shifter and have size 12 boots. Far as I know, I have stock factory issue shifters.
When I went to pick up my '13 RG I was figuring removing the heel shifter would be about the first thing I did to the bike. But...., took me 150 miles (imagine that!) to get home from the dealer that is about 12 miles away and by the time I got home I liked the heel shifter. And with my size 10 boots I have room to move my left foot around a little bit.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Get smaller feet. My 8 1/2s never have a problem.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
LOL
im 6' and size 12
on my road glide heel shifter works fine I think the floor boards are wider
on the limited I just got had to take heel shifter off just use front

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get smaller feet. My 8 1/2s never have a problem.
My feet aren't that big but the HD boots I have are huge. They have Frankenstein soles.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,390 Posts
Heel-Toe shift & boots

We all have to live with how the creator made us...no worries! Lol

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Bob, I often marvel that my feet actually do fit with that shifter. Somehow, it just seems to work for me.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,390 Posts
Bob, I often marvel that my feet actually do fit with that shifter. Somehow, it just seems to work for me.

For future reference it is a violation of man law for a guy to tell another that the size is to marvel about! Just saying... The bourbon may be saying too!

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Size 11 boot and can't stand the heel shifter.
Grew up riding dirt bikes and love the toe only shift.
Plus way more room on the floorboard without the heel shift.
Pull it off........and get the spacer or cover from dealer.

Reactions: 09DesertGlide

·
Registered
12 Posts
Plus one... Heel shifter is for chicks and girly men!
The g/f just bought a '12 ST Deluxe and says the heel shifter has to go, so apparently that just leaves girly men, although when I rode it my size 12s fit just fine though I didn't actually use the heel shifter. So a question, when I take off the heel shifter do I need to get a different toe shift lever or can that be made to look like there isn't something missing?

·
Registered
363 Posts
size 11 1/2 no issues and the heel shifter does come in handy finding neutal sometimes and you can adjust for mor toe room

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you, I should have guessed there would be a customizing opportunity too good to pass up there. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I really like mine but after our trip to Myrtle beach I was wishing I had more room down there also. I took it off and IMO it is better with it off. Something like $ 20 for a cap that covers the forward shift lever nut.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts