Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so, its hard for me to use the heel part of the shifter with the Harley boots. With the boots I have to actually lift up my leg to get my boot heel up high enough where I can shift with the heel shifter.

Is there a solution to this?

Wib

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
I love mine. I don't mind lifting my boot. Some people don't like it. You can use the toe lever exclusively or remove the heel lever altogether, if you'd like.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Sounds like you need practice, or adjust the lever.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,522 Posts
^^^^What he said!!

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Sounds like you need practice, or adjust the lever.

^^^^^ This. If you do adjust it, don't go too low, you don't want it hitting your floor board.
Best advice I got was from Chief when I was getting use to mine.."just kick that fat [email protected]"... worked for me.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,522 Posts
Going back to a toe shifter would remind me too much of riding a Honda.

·
sober 2 nite
223 Posts
Never use the heel shifter brought up on toe shift only I never have a problem on my 07 Heritage

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,522 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I love the heal shifter. I have size 12 boots and can operate with Harley boots, work boots with no problem. As already stated you could try adjusting the heal shifter down to make it easier for you just don't go to far or you will hit the floor board.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Don't know if ur shifter is standard or not but I have a buddy has huge feet and he installed HD extended shifters, brake lever and foot boards. It separated the toe / heel 2" He loves them. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1409831280.106849.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts