Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been riding most of my life and enjoy Harley Davidson motorcycles as a hobby. I currently ride a 2017 Ultra Limited but also have an old shovelhead and police bike. I'm mainly interested in discussions with other Harley people who work on their own bikes doing repairs and upgrades themselves. Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

Reactions: BeetleBailey

·
Registered
2007 Ultra Classic (Sophie) vivid black
143 Posts
We do have some good riding here but I miss some of my old places in Arkansas. Northwest and north central Arkansas is some of the best anywhere in my opinion.

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
welcome aboard beetle from s.e. kansas. nice stable of bikes. i have a 17 ultra limited also. bought it used with 15,000 miles a year ago. i did the oil pump, primarary case vent, and put in lifters, and cuffs, new cam bearing, i used adjustable push rods. just wondered if you have done the same. the m8 goes like hell! you are in a good place here. lots of good info exchanged and fun too. stick around and have some fun. we are glad to have you with us. all of arkansas north of the interstate is my favorite. pics of your bikes please, we love pics. :)

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

Reactions: BeetleBailey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome aboard beetle from s.e. kansas. nice stable of bikes. i have a 17 ultra limited also. bought it used with 15,000 miles a year ago. i did the oil pump, primarary case vent, and put in lifters, and cuffs, new cam bearing, i used adjustable push rods. just wondered if you have done the same. the m8 goes like hell! you are in a good place here. lots of good info exchanged and fun too. stick around and have some fun. we are glad to have you with us. all of arkansas north of the interstate is my favorite. pics of your bikes please, we love pics. :)
Yes, I do all of my own mechanic work, at least what I can. I broke the belt on it last fall and had to replace the belt as well as the transmission seal. Parts of the belt wrapped around it and caused an oil leak. If you're gonna have more than one, you better learn to work on them. The shops charge an arm & leg for even the simple stuff. I did put it in the shop on my last trip to do a recall on the secondary clutch actuator. I was waiting out a rainstorm. They found a missing bolt and it cost $1.03 and the parts guys left me off with a handshake. I believe that's the first time I've ever gotten anything free from the Harley Davidson Motor Company...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts