Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it was suggested by someone that I drop in on the newbe section for and introduce. Well here goes. I have been away from riding, bikes that is, for many years. Back in the sixties, I owned ,built ,and road 48 and 49 panhead choppers, also a 64 sportster, and a Triumph T120R. I also worked at Rex's speed Shop part time while I was stationed in San Diego. Once I got out, got married and got away from bikes, however; I kept my mc endorsement on my license because I always knew I would be riding again some day. Over the years I have ridden a few of my friends bikes, however; recently I inherited one of several bikes ,a really nice 72 sportster from my brother-in-law. So I am once again back in the "wind ". For any of you that also work leather and subscribe to Leatherworker.net, yes I am that Bondo Bob from Bondo Bob's Custom Saddles. Well It's a nice day out and I am all caught up in the shop so I guess I'll go for a putt! Just thought I would drop in and say HI!
Bob :bikerguy:

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky.

Does your leatherwork include any nice holsters? Maybe suitable for cc? If so this forum could be a good market for you.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Welcome from SW Oklahoma! Glad you're back in the wind. And would love to see some of your work.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome from Waco, TX!

·
luv the low country
20,288 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire. Thank you for your service

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I am going to try to post this again. Thanks you for all the welcomes, it's nice to connect with folks all over the world. As for my leather work, I do make some other goods besides saddles, however; the occasional holster, pair of chaps, spur-straps and so on, are usually gifts for family members and the like. If you want holsters, I suggest you check out the leatherworker.net web sight. It's free and like this web-sight, is full of friendly folks that are willing to help, or make things for you. There are some really good holster makers there and they will be glad to whip you up something in an open carry or CCW piece at a good price. For me I am a professional saddle maker, and am going to try to post a couple of pics of some of my latest works as requested. Bottom line, I love being in the saddle, either on a flesh and blood horse, or an iron horse!!!
Hope you like the pics.
Bob

Attachments

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
So I am going to try to post this again. Thanks you for all the welcomes, it's nice to connect with folks all over the world. As for my leather work, I do make some other goods besides saddles, however; the occasional holster, pair of chaps, spur-straps and so on, are usually gifts for family members and the like. If you want holsters, I suggest you check out the leatherworker.net web sight. It's free and like this web-sight, is full of friendly folks that are willing to help, or make things for you. There are some really good holster makers there and they will be glad to whip you up something in an open carry or CCW piece at a good price. For me I am a professional saddle maker, and am going to try to post a couple of pics of some of my latest works as requested. Bottom line, I love being in the saddle, either on a flesh and blood horse, or an iron horse!!!
Hope you like the pics.
Bob
Awsome!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts