Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just a quick hello from Boston.
My Harley is like the worst girlfriend I ever had.
Spends all my money, breaks my heart, and I still fall in love e whenever I see her.
It's been a tough year repair wise. I spent months in a freezing cold unlit garage late winter through early spring replacing the electrical and fuel system abd was riding every day until a broken exhaust stud had me stripping her down. What should have been a quick top end repair has me now replacing the cracked crankcases. Fun to work on though. It is a 1985 FXRP Superglide California Highway Patrol customized by Arlen Ness in 1989. 1st full EVO year, 5 speed, belt drive. 1981 FL wheels, 1983 wide glide forks. Lowered.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,392 Posts
Great intro, welcome to the forum from Virginia!

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire… Nice ride!!!

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
luv the low country
19,253 Posts
Does anyone know when did Harley Bring out the "Live to Ride" slogan? ripping the internet to shreds trying to get this history.
Hijacked.

·
luv the low country
19,253 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. I can see why ur in love with that Super Glide, she's a beautie. Not a fan of big cities, but Boston is the exception. Total fan of the Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics. :thumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm 20 miles west of Boston. Always been on the east coast.
I appreciate the welcomes
I have ridden Hondas my whole life. I got my Harley about 12 years ago. First time riding I knew what the big deal was over them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Welcome !
Sounds like the first time I rode a Harley . After years of racin & ridin jap bikes through out the seventies I rode a friend's 1978 Sportster in 1984 . EUREKA ! After years of runnin down Harley's & their riders , I suddenly found myself lusting for a Harley .
Like you I understood what all the fuss was about . Five Harley's later I'm a dyed in the wool Harley man .
Ride Safe & Ride Righteous .

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Oklahoma; nessharley. Great folks here and tons of technical information to search thru.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome from Kansas

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sweet bike! Welcome to the crew! Good folks and info here.
Watch those crazy cage drivers in bean town!! I'm in central assachusetts...lol.
Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts