Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, just wanted to hi from McAllen, Texas. I'm new to the forum and looking forward to visiting with you.

My first Harley, '08 Road King, is being delivered from New Orleans in a couple of days, and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions. I look forward to taking advantage of the info and good folks here at the forum and will hopefully be able to give back when needed.

While waiting on her arrival, I have been aquiring the necessities, gloves, helmet, boots, etc, and also signed up to take the Drivers Edge class in a couple of weeks. Any other suggestions for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to talking with everyone out here.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome Great taking the drivers ed course is the best piece of equipment you'll have.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new sled!!Were here just ask and one more thing ride safe!!Oh and a manual for your bike will be your best freind..

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome to the best damn place on the innernets!

I have family in McAllen - rode down there last summer to visit for the first time... I've never been anywhere so hot/humid (was right between Gustav and the other 'cane, maybe that made a difference). People seemed real friendly tho.

Be sure to post pics of your new baby when she arrives!!!!!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
k228 your off to a great start! Sounds like you'll be having some fun. 2nd the Service Manual.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride.
McAllen/Pharr is the closest HD dealer Stateside :USA: to me.
They are a great dealer. Did the dyno tune on my bike last year. The Tech stayed until 11:00pm on a Saturday night to get it done.

·
Super Moderator
12,921 Posts
Congrats! The Pharr HOG group was a great bunch of guys. I moved to DFW 3-1/2 years ago.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride -

·
Registered
11 Posts
During the winter I re-read David Hough's Proficient Motorcycling and watch the Ride like a Pro video. Keeps my head in the game.

-Caper

·
Banned
655 Posts
Welcome - gosh I bet you can not wait for your baby to arrive. Glad to hear you are taking the riders edge course. Are you totally new at riding? I hope not - considering the bike your getting - cause then I would have lots of tips for you - along with other members here. Get extra sunglasses - Clear ones for night riding. Extra set of gloves, couple tools and you should be set. Welcome to the forum from Missouri - glad to have you here. Put a picture up of your new ride when you get it. We are always here to help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devils Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

Hey ...thanks to all for the welcoming handshakes and greetings. Just got the call from Keyboard Motorcycle Transport that they will be at my doorstep at 8am. I'll try to grab a few photos of her coming off of thier dolly system and post.

Pics coming soon ....................

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome...

Nothing to recommend, but to ride and have fun, in the warmth of south texas...

My mother used to have a winter home (trailer), in the trailer park in McCallen... I have friends in Kerrville, as well..they moved there for the warm climate..

Anyway, ride and have fun!!!! And Welcome!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts