Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I'm brand new to the Harley scene (But have other bike experience) and looking for a ton of advice before I make my first Harley purchase. Few things to know about me first:

Early 30's
175 lbs
6'0

I'll be riding 2 up MOST of the time and my passenger is:

Late 20's
5'4

I've been looking at Sportsters, specifically the Iron and Nightster but also might be willing to invest more and go for a Street Bob or Fat Bob.

• I’m a HUHE fan of the matte black bobber/power cruiser look. Any bike I get will be modified to look that way if it isn't already.
• Most of my riding will just cruising on the weekends, mostly on PCH. Complete weekend warrior status.
• Buying used doesn't scare me. All my bikes have been used, but I’m not looking for anything with way over 10k miles.
• Budget is flexible but I’d prefer not to spend more than $12k and would really prefer to spend less.

Any advice at all will be appreciated. Especially about riding 2 up on a sportster which I've heard terrible things about.

Thank you so much in advance, I've been really impressed with the community so far.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Welcome from Hudson, WI. Test drive them all, then make an informed decision.
This ^^^^^
What you think you might want and what you find will fit your needs /wants could wind up being two different things. Not saying you will like it any less, I'm sure you won't. Take your girl with you and ride as many as you can and then I'm sure you will find the Scoot that you are really after.

Good luck on your search and post some pics when ya get her.....

Oh, welcome from SW Oklahoma! Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Welcome from Hilo, Hawaii. I would recommend getting a bigger bike, even if you just ride on the weekends. Your passenger would enjoy it more also. It's just my preference.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bigger

Go bigger,had a FXSTC loved the look but the Mrs couldn't handle an hour on the back. Worked out for me she suggested a new bike for two,2014SGS she loves it,ME TOO!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bigger

You can go to my profile and see pics,not saying buy new but I think you can find a nice dyna or tour that meets your budget. Ride some with passenger if she's not happy you won't be.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome from Kansas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts