Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. I only have a Buelle right now - only thing I could afford. Looking to get a Dyna or a Sportster here this spring sometime. I am in the Naperville Illinois area. May need some technical advice from time to time - but otherwise - seems like a nice forum. I will get a picture uploaded soon. Still figuring my way around. Anyway - Hello. Sandy.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
No such thing as "just a buell".:welcome from Canada :thumb

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know - but the Buelle is giving me a backache honestly. Had it for two years. I wonder if a Dyna or a Sportster would be the best next step. Guess I need to go sit on some. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome sporty can be a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

Get a Dyna you won't regret it

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome Sandy. Sportsters like the Buells are great looking sporty bikes but not very comfortable. If your looking for a less back breaking ride, checkout the Dyna's and the rest of the line up too.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi and wslcome from Ohio.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. KBOLsen - we neighbors? Nice bike. Glad to see a lady that can ride something that big and fancy. My little Buelle. LOL Seems the Dyna may be the way to go. Turning 45 - sad to be complaining about my back. Getting older..........LOL Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I will get my picture on here soon.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome from Texas. 45 getting older?!! :rofl: LOL. Go with the Dyna. Better ride for a bad back. I'll stick with my rigid for spine therapy.:lol8

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Texas. 45 getting older?!! :rofl: LOL. Go with the Dyna. Better ride for a bad back. I'll stick with my rigid for spine therapy.:lol8
I had a car accident years back and I have some messed up discs. So sadly yes - at the tender age of 45 - I feel rather old getting done with a long ride on my Buell. Did go look at a few Dyna's today though. Again - thanks for the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
SANDY1
I just got rid of my Sportster and bought a Heritage Softail, and I love it. It is definitely a more comfortable ride. I had the Sportster for nine months, it was a great starting bike, but definitely not comfort for the long haul. Take a big step and buy yourself the Heritage, you won't regret it.

Carol
Wilmington, Delaware
2009 Heritage Softail Classic

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SANDY1
I just got rid of my Sportster and bought a Heritage Softail, and I love it. It is definitely a more comfortable ride. I had the Sportster for nine months, it was a great starting bike, but definitely not comfort for the long haul. Take a big step and buy yourself the Heritage, you won't regret it.

Carol
Wilmington, Delaware
2009 Heritage Softail Classic
Carol - what scares me is that all bikes seem so much larger than mine. Well - because they are. Told I will have no problem adjusting to it. But they all just look huge. Heritage - they are neat bikes and I really like them. Thanks for the suggestion - I will check some out. Cool.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
You never mentioned what model Buell you have but there has been some good lookin rigid chops in "The Horse" made from those bikes,welcome to Harleywood !

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Thanks everyone. KBOLsen - we neighbors? Nice bike. Glad to see a lady that can ride something that big and fancy. My little Buelle. LOL Seems the Dyna may be the way to go. Turning 45 - sad to be complaining about my back. Getting older..........LOL Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I will get my picture on here soon.
Everyone in IL is my neighbor - at least until I'm done with this godforsaken state.:thumb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts