Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm introducing myself and my ride.
I'm from Milano, Italy so I apologize if my English ain't so good.
Since we're all locked home here due covid-19 outbreak, I decided to learn something new on your forum.
A couple of pics of my bike (sorry still garaged):
C330DFC1-EC9E-4876-94EE-DD4310973BA2_1_105_c.jpeg
ACE739CA-4B1D-480B-8C9F-4269DEB49A1D_1_105_c.jpeg
In my sign I wrote the mods done so far.
Greets!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota! Hope all is well in Italy . . . it's starting to hit us hard in the States :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the nice and warm welcome. I'm sorry for the late answer but it's for the time zone, and thank you for the appreciation of my bike too, I'm really happy you liked it, really. I worked on it to get at this point but I really like how it came out and without costing me a fortune, and I absolutely LOVE the colour and the lines, especially in the sun

A couple of words about the corona virus here, since someone asked: in a time where the european union has never been so divided it's fine to find this sympathy overseas; that's one of the things makes me love the united states and their people.
I won't lie, we're having a hard time keeping the contagions low. The government and people underestimated the illness at first saying it was just a stronger flu (which honestly WAS my opinion too), this led to an initial outbreak which made it difficult to control because it's very contagious. Most people under 50 y.o. affected actually have healed at home by themselves without hospitalisation. The real danger is for elder people who had previous lung problems, in this case it can degenerate into a viral (not bacterial) pneumonia which needs to be treated in intensive care with assisted breathing; and this is the problem because the beds are limited. In this sense it's a luck it began here in Lombardy despite the higher population density because the health care is way more developed. The lockdown here is expected at least until 3 of april but I'm afraid it will be prolonged...
Sorry if I bothered you but I hope these words could be useful

·
Bird Whisperer
1,741 Posts
Welcome from Michigan! Nice looking bike.

It’s good to hear you’re weathering the storm. My family came from Lombardy many years ago and the region is on my bucket list of places to visit.

Stay safe. I hope this thing blows over soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you all for the nice and warm welcome. I'm sorry for the late answer but it's for the time zone, and thank you for the appreciation of my bike too, I'm really happy you liked it, really. I worked on it to get at this point but I really like how it came out and without costing me a fortune, and I absolutely LOVE the colour and the lines, especially in the sun

A couple of words about the corona virus here, since someone asked: in a time where the european union has never been so divided it's fine to find this sympathy overseas; that's one of the things makes me love the united states and their people.
I won't lie, we're having a hard time keeping the contagions low. The government and people underestimated the illness at first saying it was just a stronger flu (which honestly WAS my opinion too), this led to an initial outbreak which made it difficult to control because it's very contagious. Most people under 50 y.o. affected actually have healed at home by themselves without hospitalisation. The real danger is for elder people who had previous lung problems, in this case it can degenerate into a viral (not bacterial) pneumonia which needs to be treated in intensive care with assisted breathing; and this is the problem because the beds are limited. In this sense it's a luck it began here in Lombardy despite the higher population density because the health care is way more developed. The lockdown here is expected at least until 3 of April but I'm afraid it will be prolonged...
Thank You for the response. At least you have some light at the end of the tunnel. We on the other hand are looking at July or August for this to end. Hopefully sooner than later. We shall see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Michigan! Nice looking bike.

It’s good to hear you’re weathering the storm. My family came from Lombardy many years ago and the region is on my bucket list of places to visit.

Stay safe. I hope this thing blows over soon.
When you'll come here call me if you like and we will go for a ride; I'll show you places you'll never forget :)(y)

·
Registered
38,150 Posts
When you'll come here call me if you like and we will go for a ride; I'll show you places you'll never forget :)(y)
I flew into Rome for refueling on my way back to the UK after the Gulf War. I saw your roads from the air, and I can see why your country makes Ferraris and Lamborghinis! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I flew into Rome for refueling on my way back to the UK after the Gulf War. I saw your roads from the air, and I can see why your country makes Ferraris and Lamborghinis! :D
:) you touched my patriotic feelings...
Of course everyone is welcome!
What did you fly?

·
Registered
38,150 Posts
I didnt fly the plane, I was just a passenger. If I remember right it was a 747 that we got to ride home in. On the trip to the desert I rode in a C17 Globemaster

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
During my military service (I was 19), at the end of 1998 during the war of Kosovo I was for 2 months in the Brindisi airbase; I was a driver in that case of the ambulance at the side of the runway at midnight during the arrival of a C5 loaded of missiles and materiel. When it landed it stopped almost right in front of me but far enough for me to see it whole front, I saw this giant open its nose and the trucks exited from there with all the people, the spotlights and all the rest around... I was thrilled, fascinated, I can't describe but I remember vividly... wow

·
Registered
420 Posts
I won't lie, we're having a hard time keeping the contagions low. The government and people underestimated the illness at first saying it was just a stronger flu (which honestly WAS my opinion too), this led to an initial outbreak which made it difficult to control because it's very contagious. Most people under 50 y.o. affected actually have healed at home by themselves without hospitalisation. The real danger is for elder people who had previous lung problems, in this case it can degenerate into a viral (not bacterial) pneumonia which needs to be treated in intensive care with assisted breathing; and this is the problem because the beds are limited. In this sense it's a luck it began here in Lombardy despite the higher population density because the health care is way more developed. The lockdown here is expected at least until 3 of april but I'm afraid it will be prolonged...
Thanks for the description of what's going on over there. It's hard to tell from the news what is really happening...I appreciate getting a first hand description of the real story. I lived in Napoli for a couple of years in the late 60's and with the crowded conditions there I can see how the virus could spread quickly. But I also found that the Italian people are some of the most resilient folks in the world and I believe they will quickly bounce back. Keep us updated on how things are going. There will be a bunch of us here thinking about you.

·
Registered
839 Posts
This has to be THE MOST INFORMATIVE INTRODUCTION EVER! (y) Thank you for all the insight and Welcome to the forum, from Southern California!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts